Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Temp Guage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyeflight
My center console temp guage on my LE went out. Anybody know how to check out the connector (3 prongs) with a multimeter? The internal light works. The needle seems to want to come alive but just sits there all the way left, occaisionally flickering.
bdstone914
QUOTE(eyeflight @ Jul 24 2014, 05:52 AM) *

My center console temp guage on my LE went out. Anybody know how to check out the connector (3 prongs) with a multimeter? The internal light works. The needle seems to want to come alive but just sits there all the way left, occaisionally flickering.

Apply power to the + terminal and ground - and : the G terminal. It should peg the needle. If that works ground the sender wire at the sender. If that pegs the gauge the sender is bad. If it does not peg the needle you have a problem on the wire.
eyeflight
Thanks....so I switch on the ignition to check the wire, should I get voltage reading from the + and - holes in the connector? What kind of power source to put on the guage itself to check it? Is the sender in the guage itself?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.