Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UNBELIEVABLE SIGHTING, same year, same color, original owner!
TonyAKAVW
post Jan 22 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #1

That's my ride.

Group: Members
Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

I was picking up a strut spring compressor at AUtozone today and as I'm leaving the parking lot I spot a yellow 914. I drove around and parked right in front. Got out and took a look at it. It turned out to be a totally stock 1970 yellow 914, identical to mine. So I sat down in the car and decided to wait a few minutes. About 5 minutes later the owner comes out and has a smile oni her face. It turns out she's the original owner and even went to Germany to the factory to pick it up. Has 330,000 miles on it and two rebuilds on the engine. Better yet it has the original paint job and is really clean.

I think even in 1970 this would have been a rare sighting. So I snapped a picture with my camera phone, and told her about 914world.com and the WCC, which she sounded pretty excited about.

-Tony

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Jan 22 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

Very Cool!

330,000 miles, she must take very good care of her car.

Bet there aren't many people in that group - Original owner, still driving the car around.
+Quote Post
F4i
post Jan 22 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #3

914 DOG!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,460

looks like you parked in front of a mirror. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jan 22 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #4

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

It looks like two 914s are either about to fight.... or f.... fight...

M
+Quote Post
morph
post Jan 22 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #5

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Its really cool when you see another 914 somewhere.

HIEDI
+Quote Post
Seagrave
post Jan 22 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #6

Gutenfest Touring Society

Member No.: 963

I agree. One of the great parts of owning an older car, no matter the marque, is seeing another one while going about the normal chores of life. Sure, we all see other teeners when we go to club events or the track, but spotting one along the road is refreshing. I can remember once, travelling down a state highway a hundred miles from home, being passed by a guy and his wife in a pickup truck. He was beeping and waving and she was mouthing the words "we have a 914." Thanks for sharing the story of the original owner (rare, for sure) car. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Jan 22 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #7

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

I've only seen one other 914 on the road in my area, and it was a week after I bought mine.
+Quote Post
TonyAKAVW
post Jan 22 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #8

That's my ride.

Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

I've seen probalby 4 or 5 other 914s in my area in the last two years or so that we've lived here. Although it seems that there are more Porsches per capita here than just about anywhere else. Pretty much every day on my very short commute to work I see a minimum of 3 other Porsches, so I guess the likelyhood of seeing a 914 here is pretty high.

-Tony
+Quote Post
morph
post Jan 22 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #9

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I see 914's here all the time, several sightings include
Blue 914 with matching steel wheels,
Yellow 914 I saw thursday,
Green 914 I saw last week,
Red 914 I saw in Tigard and happened to get a picture.
Probably at least 2 or 3 a month.

HIEDI
+Quote Post
IVGUY
post Jan 22 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,468
Region Association: Canada

If you believe in coincidence. I live in a small town in Canada.I got a teener 2 years ago but finally got it off the hoist and road ready (sorta) and then got it to pass the insurance inspection and road test (Do you really need a emergency brake pulling on BOTH rear wheels sigh........)
Anyway the first morning I'm gonna drive it on a short business trip so I load it all up and leave at 6 am. I drive over to the local Starbucks drive thru and as I am sitting in line waiting for them to open at 6 am and a 914 pulls up behind me. And He had just bought his and was making his Maiden voyage!!!! The Starbucks crew asked if they were cheaper by the dozen
He had not discovered this site yet so I helped him with the basics..........adjusting the seat.............. (he was using a pillow) stowing the top etc. He bought it cause he had some old English cars and wanted a new challenge. Any way I have not seen him since but I know of about 4 other 914's all being driven around here!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif) By the way this is a different part of Canada then you used to hearing about.It was 10C or about 50 F today and I washed the family cars outside. I live about 3 hours north of Wenatchee Washington (which is where I get my parts shipped to to avoid paying custom duty)....opps I probably should'nt have said that
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 22 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #11

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (IVGUY @ Jan 22 2005, 04:45 PM)
I live about 3 hours north of Wenatchee Washington (which is where I get my parts shipped to to avoid paying custom duty)....opps I probably should'nt have said that

Thats ok, we wont tell anyone.
+Quote Post
DJsRepS
post Jan 23 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,060

I found a rich woman in her late 6o's I say rich as she lives in Germany and own's a house on LongBoat Key in Sarasota Fla. She bought her Orange 75 914 in Germany and had it brought to her Fla home. She could buy any car or Porshe she wanted but loves her 914 with A/C and clutching it around at her age I was very Impressed.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:57 AM