Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UNBELIEVABLE SIGHTING
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I was picking up a strut spring compressor at AUtozone today and as I'm leaving the parking lot I spot a yellow 914. I drove around and parked right in front. Got out and took a look at it. It turned out to be a totally stock 1970 yellow 914, identical to mine. So I sat down in the car and decided to wait a few minutes. About 5 minutes later the owner comes out and has a smile oni her face. It turns out she's the original owner and even went to Germany to the factory to pick it up. Has 330,000 miles on it and two rebuilds on the engine. Better yet it has the original paint job and is really clean.

I think even in 1970 this would have been a rare sighting. So I snapped a picture with my camera phone, and told her about 914world.com and the WCC, which she sounded pretty excited about.

-Tony
Rhodes71/914
Very Cool!

330,000 miles, she must take very good care of her car.

Bet there aren't many people in that group - Original owner, still driving the car around.
F4i
looks like you parked in front of a mirror. IPB Image
redshift
It looks like two 914s are either about to fight.... or f.... fight...

M
morph
Its really cool when you see another 914 somewhere.

HIEDI
Seagrave
I agree. One of the great parts of owning an older car, no matter the marque, is seeing another one while going about the normal chores of life. Sure, we all see other teeners when we go to club events or the track, but spotting one along the road is refreshing. I can remember once, travelling down a state highway a hundred miles from home, being passed by a guy and his wife in a pickup truck. He was beeping and waving and she was mouthing the words "we have a 914." Thanks for sharing the story of the original owner (rare, for sure) car. IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
I've only seen one other 914 on the road in my area, and it was a week after I bought mine.
TonyAKAVW
I've seen probalby 4 or 5 other 914s in my area in the last two years or so that we've lived here. Although it seems that there are more Porsches per capita here than just about anywhere else. Pretty much every day on my very short commute to work I see a minimum of 3 other Porsches, so I guess the likelyhood of seeing a 914 here is pretty high.

-Tony
morph
I see 914's here all the time, several sightings include
Blue 914 with matching steel wheels,
Yellow 914 I saw thursday,
Green 914 I saw last week,
Red 914 I saw in Tigard and happened to get a picture.
Probably at least 2 or 3 a month.

HIEDI
IVGUY
If you believe in coincidence. I live in a small town in Canada.I got a teener 2 years ago but finally got it off the hoist and road ready (sorta) and then got it to pass the insurance inspection and road test (Do you really need a emergency brake pulling on BOTH rear wheels sigh........)
Anyway the first morning I'm gonna drive it on a short business trip so I load it all up and leave at 6 am. I drive over to the local Starbucks drive thru and as I am sitting in line waiting for them to open at 6 am and a 914 pulls up behind me. And He had just bought his and was making his Maiden voyage!!!! The Starbucks crew asked if they were cheaper by the dozen
He had not discovered this site yet so I helped him with the basics..........adjusting the seat.............. (he was using a pillow) stowing the top etc. He bought it cause he had some old English cars and wanted a new challenge. Any way I have not seen him since but I know of about 4 other 914's all being driven around here!
IPB Image By the way this is a different part of Canada then you used to hearing about.It was 10C or about 50 F today and I washed the family cars outside. I live about 3 hours north of Wenatchee Washington (which is where I get my parts shipped to to avoid paying custom duty)....opps I probably should'nt have said that
skline
QUOTE (IVGUY @ Jan 22 2005, 04:45 PM)
I live about 3 hours north of Wenatchee Washington (which is where I get my parts shipped to to avoid paying custom duty)....opps I probably should'nt have said that

Thats ok, we wont tell anyone.
DJsRepS
I found a rich woman in her late 6o's I say rich as she lives in Germany and own's a house on LongBoat Key in Sarasota Fla. She bought her Orange 75 914 in Germany and had it brought to her Fla home. She could buy any car or Porshe she wanted but loves her 914 with A/C and clutching it around at her age I was very Impressed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.