Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Idling problems, Car dying out after warmed up
911 defector
post Jul 31 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,904
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am having a problem with my '73 914 2.0. The car starts and drives fine until it is warmed up. One it gets warm the car will not idle properly. The RPM's go down to 100 or 200 and the car will eventually die out. If I turn it off, it will reluctantly start, but I have to keep the RPM's up or it dies. The car has the fuel pump in the front, I changed the head temp sensor that monitors the fuel injection. The car will run and drive fine as long as I keep the RPM's up.
Also, If I push down hard on the spark plug wire lead for cylinder #4 (passengers side of engine in the front) on the distributor cap, the idle goes back up. I checked all the wire on the spark plugs and on the distributor cap and they are firmly attached, as is the distributor cap as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:40 AM