Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ran with PP SOCG 911's- Santiago Canyon, only 914
JohnM
post Jan 22 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #1

914 enduro driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,387

Nice run today with the 911's in South Orange County Ca. Did Santiago Canyon road from Ortega to Chapman with brunch at Moreno's. Beautiful day, scenic route, nice cars, good company and eats made it a great all around outing. Gave the 1.7 a good workout to stay close with them. Ran strong with no fuel pump problems! There was an 88 Carrera coupe 3.5 Motronic twin plug with dual out exhaust that really sounded sweet. Good to meet Sammy and Kevin with the '60 356. John

Pics:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=9
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Jan 22 2005, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 178

Enjoyed meeting you, talking, and driving,and eating.
John's a good guy, not like some of you.
Now don't look at me like that, you know who you are. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jan 22 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

john... thats good to hear that your fuel issue went away.....

see you at my next fun run
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 22 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Sammy @ Jan 22 2005, 07:39 PM)
not like some of you.
Now don't look at me like that, you know who you are. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

hey!
you still hate me, don't you?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Sammy
post Jan 23 2005, 10:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 178

Nopers, aint got no problems with Andy, all that went away when we nixed the politics (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

John, i completely spaced the concept that you were the one having problems at the last run.

Your car seemed to run so well and the way it handled those curves i figured it was one of them 914s that never has a problem and just runs forever. Made me kinda nostalgic-like for my first 914, a 71.

On a couple of them tighter turns I looked out my passenger window and saw my own tail lights.
The long straights and 4th gear sweepers favored the tail draggers but them tight roads belonged to you.
Can you believe how narrow some of those back roads were? they seemed to get narrower (is that a wurd?) everytime I hit the loud pedal.
I've lived in this area for 32 years and never even knew those roads were there.
+Quote Post
JohnM
post Jan 23 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #6

914 enduro driver

Member No.: 2,387

Yes, last 914 fun run over Ortega in Dec. we had an 80-degree day and my fuel pump was still in '73 original location under engine next to header/HE. About every 12 min up and over Ortega fuel pressure would cut out and take about 15 minutes to clear vapor lock. I hadn't had that happen till that weekend and I had put over 5K miles on the car since I had gotten it in Aug. Got another pump (figured the orig. had probably been cooked enough over last 31 years) and relocated to factory 75/76 location under fuel tank. Ran good on this run with 75-degree day at mostly 4-5K rpm to keep up with the sixes.

Yeah some narrow roads which tested one's trust in how close the car would stick to them as one gauged how hard to charge them. When I came up on the group on the first pull off for the 911 that was having some problems I didn't know what was going on. I smelled oil smoke, brakes and tire rubber and the way the cars were strewn about I thought we might have had a NASCAR type accident or something, but thankfully not. John
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:54 PM