Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ran with PP SOCG 911's- Santiago Canyon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JohnM
Nice run today with the 911's in South Orange County Ca. Did Santiago Canyon road from Ortega to Chapman with brunch at Moreno's. Beautiful day, scenic route, nice cars, good company and eats made it a great all around outing. Gave the 1.7 a good workout to stay close with them. Ran strong with no fuel pump problems! There was an 88 Carrera coupe 3.5 Motronic twin plug with dual out exhaust that really sounded sweet. Good to meet Sammy and Kevin with the '60 356. John

Pics:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=9
Sammy
Enjoyed meeting you, talking, and driving,and eating.
John's a good guy, not like some of you.
Now don't look at me like that, you know who you are. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
john... thats good to hear that your fuel issue went away.....

see you at my next fun run
SirAndy
QUOTE (Sammy @ Jan 22 2005, 07:39 PM)
not like some of you.
Now don't look at me like that, you know who you are. IPB Image

hey!
you still hate me, don't you?

IPB Image Andy
Sammy
Nopers, aint got no problems with Andy, all that went away when we nixed the politics IPB Image

John, i completely spaced the concept that you were the one having problems at the last run.

Your car seemed to run so well and the way it handled those curves i figured it was one of them 914s that never has a problem and just runs forever. Made me kinda nostalgic-like for my first 914, a 71.

On a couple of them tighter turns I looked out my passenger window and saw my own tail lights.
The long straights and 4th gear sweepers favored the tail draggers but them tight roads belonged to you.
Can you believe how narrow some of those back roads were? they seemed to get narrower (is that a wurd?) everytime I hit the loud pedal.
I've lived in this area for 32 years and never even knew those roads were there.
JohnM
Yes, last 914 fun run over Ortega in Dec. we had an 80-degree day and my fuel pump was still in '73 original location under engine next to header/HE. About every 12 min up and over Ortega fuel pressure would cut out and take about 15 minutes to clear vapor lock. I hadn't had that happen till that weekend and I had put over 5K miles on the car since I had gotten it in Aug. Got another pump (figured the orig. had probably been cooked enough over last 31 years) and relocated to factory 75/76 location under fuel tank. Ran good on this run with 75-degree day at mostly 4-5K rpm to keep up with the sixes.

Yeah some narrow roads which tested one's trust in how close the car would stick to them as one gauged how hard to charge them. When I came up on the group on the first pull off for the 911 that was having some problems I didn't know what was going on. I smelled oil smoke, brakes and tire rubber and the way the cars were strewn about I thought we might have had a NASCAR type accident or something, but thankfully not. John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.