Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Locking Lug Bolts?
914bub
post Aug 25 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

Hey guys. "Back in the day", I had locking lug nuts on my old Mustangs. As those of you who know,(who have lost a lug nut key), they can be a PITA to remove. They certainly aren't impossible to remove and companies like Snap On tools makes a tool just for that purpose. I also know it doesn't deter the bad guys,just slows them down a little and maybe deters the lazy one's.

After the "Mustang days" I swore I'd never use locking lug nuts again. I don't live in a super high crime area and don't often drive my cars to such places. Weeeellll Then I aquired what ,(to me anyway), are the "Holy grails" of wheels for my 914. I picked up a set of ATS classics that are in "new" condition,(with all four caps even)!

My question is, are any of you using locking lug bolts? When I look at pictures of peoples cars on here I don't see anybody using them. I looked on Ebay and it looks like I can get a set of McGards for a reasonable price. Am I just being paranoid or should I toss a set on? Or do I just need four Pit bulls and some chains?! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 01:23 PM