Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Heat Exchangers & Exhaust, Compatibility problems?
john_f
post Aug 27 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,003
Region Association: None

I have a '73 2.0 which appears to have the original heat exchangers which have seen better days i.e. they have holes in them. I have just purchased a pair of second hand SSI stainless steel heat exchangers which appear to be in very good condition.
The silencer (muffler to you gents over the pond) I think is an after market Bursch which has also seen better days.
I am thinking of purchasing a Dansk "banana" stainless steel one like the one shown here: http://c767170.r70.cf2.rackcdn.com/R039251051D.jpg
Can anyone tell me if the SSI heat exchangers & the Dansk muffler will marry up with no fitting problems? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Aug 27 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

If the HEs are for a 2 liter car, the muffler you show will fit. (Given the HEs arent bent or otherwise tweaked.)

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
john_f
post Aug 27 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,003
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 27 2014, 09:40 PM) *

If the HEs are for a 2 liter car, the muffler you show will fit. (Given the HEs arent bent or otherwise tweaked.)

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n. Yes - the heat exchangers are for a 2.0l & no - they're not bent or tweaked. That's a relief as I am committed to buy the Dansk.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:10 AM