Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Heat Exchangers & Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john_f
I have a '73 2.0 which appears to have the original heat exchangers which have seen better days i.e. they have holes in them. I have just purchased a pair of second hand SSI stainless steel heat exchangers which appear to be in very good condition.
The silencer (muffler to you gents over the pond) I think is an after market Bursch which has also seen better days.
I am thinking of purchasing a Dansk "banana" stainless steel one like the one shown here: http://c767170.r70.cf2.rackcdn.com/R039251051D.jpg
Can anyone tell me if the SSI heat exchangers & the Dansk muffler will marry up with no fitting problems? confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If the HEs are for a 2 liter car, the muffler you show will fit. (Given the HEs arent bent or otherwise tweaked.)

The Cap'n
john_f
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 27 2014, 09:40 PM) *

If the HEs are for a 2 liter car, the muffler you show will fit. (Given the HEs arent bent or otherwise tweaked.)

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n. Yes - the heat exchangers are for a 2.0l & no - they're not bent or tweaked. That's a relief as I am committed to buy the Dansk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.