Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical Gremlins - Fuse 8 fried, no brake lights, again
tadink
post Sep 4 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,181
Region Association: Northern California

Hey all -

I've done some research on the forum and looked at most / all of the electrical troubleshooting guides - but my issue has me stumped.....

71 Tub, 2.0L engine

My fuse 8 fries when the headlamps are turned on - but works fine otherwise. Well, it also fries when the wiper motor is turned on - so something is not right.

Other symptoms: When turn indicators are 'on' the e-brake big red light flashes

Upon inspection - I see that there is a jumper from my fuse 8 to fuse 9, I don't see that shown on any of the wiring diagrams I've looked at. You can see it in the pic below - a black wire from 8 to 9.

Some clever PO had a stereo system in there and much of the electronical connections are a bit 'non standard' but the stereo is long gone.

I don't have an e-brake and so the e-brake sensing wire is not attached.

As you can see from the attached pic of the fuse 8, it is not just fried but MELTED too! yipes.

Any thoughts on a process forward from here??? Can you tell anything by looking at the fuse panel that a newb like me won't notice?

note: I did get in there an clean the grounding point while I was upside down under the dash....

thanks in advance....

td
Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:02 AM