Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exhaust options, want your opinion
blackmoon
post Sep 18 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,106
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Sep 15 2014, 12:56 PM) *

So I have a couple more things to deal with before I upgrade my exhaust but I still want to get a good idea of what I want to do with it. I have a 72 1.7 with 93mm pistons (basically a 1.8) with 1.8/1.7 ssi heat exchangers and a monza ehaust. The monza muffler is really heavy and apparently restricts exhaust flow but i love how loud it is. Im wondering if A) swap out the monza for something else, triad (don't really like the look), custom muffler.. ect. and keep the ssi's B) Swap out the heat exchangers for kerry hunter, european race haeders, custom headers, ect along with a different muffler. I want your opinion, I don't really care about having heat as it does not get cold here in southern cali, I want an exhaust system that can possibly bring me a bit more hp, looks good, sounds nice and loud, and doesn't cost a fortune $$$$. Love the look of the 914/6 gt muffler, too bad I don't have a 6!

I have a used Bursch, which you should be able to use with your SS. pm if you decide to go that route. need to clear out some used parts
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BobR
post Sep 18 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 17,601

QUOTE(blackmoon @ Sep 18 2014, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Sep 15 2014, 12:56 PM) *

So I have a couple more things to deal with before I upgrade my exhaust but I still want to get a good idea of what I want to do with it. I have a 72 1.7 with 93mm pistons (basically a 1.8) with 1.8/1.7 ssi heat exchangers and a monza ehaust. The monza muffler is really heavy and apparently restricts exhaust flow but i love how loud it is. Im wondering if A) swap out the monza for something else, triad (don't really like the look), custom muffler.. ect. and keep the ssi's B) Swap out the heat exchangers for kerry hunter, european race haeders, custom headers, ect along with a different muffler. I want your opinion, I don't really care about having heat as it does not get cold here in southern cali, I want an exhaust system that can possibly bring me a bit more hp, looks good, sounds nice and loud, and doesn't cost a fortune $$$$. Love the look of the 914/6 gt muffler, too bad I don't have a 6!

I have a used Bursch, which you should be able to use with your SS. pm if you decide to go that route. need to clear out some used parts
How much for the used Bursch? I have a 76 2.0.

+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Oct 13 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,549
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Chris! Will your new Evo 5 exhaust have O2 bungs for attaching an air fuel meter?

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 17 2014, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 17 2014, 09:52 AM) *

the new one Chris is making from Tangerine might be a good choice for you!
i wonder what the price point will be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Here's a Solidworks rendering of the new muffler.
I'll take a pic of the prototype on my car too.
First run through cost analysis has them at $875 plus delivery, but I still need to verify the total labor and materials costs.
I may have a couple of prototypes available at reduced price.

+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Oct 14 2014, 07:12 AM
Post #24

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Oct 13 2014, 07:44 PM) *

Hey Chris! Will your new Evo 5 exhaust have O2 bungs for attaching an air fuel meter?

The newest design will still be called EVO IV. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Yes it will have an O2 fitting as a standard feature.
We've begun preparing parts to build the first batch, which should be ready in a couple of weeks.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 05:23 PM