Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> motor mount conversion, looking for parts
sumcar71
post Sep 16 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,909
Region Association: None

I currently have a 1971 914 that has been in the family since 1973. I did an engine overhaul in 1982. Now it is due again and I am replacing the engine with a 1.7 rebuild, small block and I am replacing the tail shifter transaxle for the side shift. I have located the shift lever parts from a 1973 parts car and through the internet, but I am looking for motor mount conversions for accommodating the different shifter configuration. I am looking for the engine carrier bar and the outboard mounts as well as the bolts with bushings that attach to the engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Sep 16 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(sumcar71 @ Sep 16 2014, 08:36 PM) *

I currently have a 1971 914 that has been in the family since 1973. I did an engine overhaul in 1982. Now it is due again and I am replacing the engine with a 1.7 rebuild, small block and I am replacing the tail shifter transaxle for the side shift. I have located the shift lever parts from a 1973 parts car and through the internet, but I am looking for motor mount conversions for accommodating the different shifter configuration. I am looking for the engine carrier bar and the outboard mounts as well as the bolts with bushings that attach to the engine.

I have all of those parts. By bushings I think you mean the motor mounts which are best to buy new. Do you have the different brackets that mount to the engine?
You also need a special bushing for the firewall that works with the smaller side shift bar.
Bruce
+Quote Post
sumcar71
post Sep 16 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,909

I have the original bracket from the first engine. I have ordered the firewall bushing and all of the shifter linkage
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Sep 16 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Sep 16 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #5

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 16 2014, 08:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:43 PM