Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: motor mount conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sumcar71
I currently have a 1971 914 that has been in the family since 1973. I did an engine overhaul in 1982. Now it is due again and I am replacing the engine with a 1.7 rebuild, small block and I am replacing the tail shifter transaxle for the side shift. I have located the shift lever parts from a 1973 parts car and through the internet, but I am looking for motor mount conversions for accommodating the different shifter configuration. I am looking for the engine carrier bar and the outboard mounts as well as the bolts with bushings that attach to the engine.
bdstone914
QUOTE(sumcar71 @ Sep 16 2014, 08:36 PM) *

I currently have a 1971 914 that has been in the family since 1973. I did an engine overhaul in 1982. Now it is due again and I am replacing the engine with a 1.7 rebuild, small block and I am replacing the tail shifter transaxle for the side shift. I have located the shift lever parts from a 1973 parts car and through the internet, but I am looking for motor mount conversions for accommodating the different shifter configuration. I am looking for the engine carrier bar and the outboard mounts as well as the bolts with bushings that attach to the engine.

I have all of those parts. By bushings I think you mean the motor mounts which are best to buy new. Do you have the different brackets that mount to the engine?
You also need a special bushing for the firewall that works with the smaller side shift bar.
Bruce
sumcar71
I have the original bracket from the first engine. I have ordered the firewall bushing and all of the shifter linkage
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 16 2014, 08:51 PM) *

welcome.png

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.