Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> correct carpet 914-6, who is closest to correct
porbmw
post Sep 19 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,534
Region Association: None

Still on the elusive hunt for correct/very close to correct carpet for a 1970 914-6
which, of course, appears to be a one year problem.
I gather the 1970-6 had felt, different (probably not as nice) as what was supplied on the 4 cylinders...go figure.....and then in 71 Porsche decided to provide the 6 with the same prior years 914.

IF I am incorrect, please let me know.

Apart from the felt/carpet issue, there are other problems with the repro carpets out there, as follows;
a)they seem to all bind the edges with black, when it shoudl be gray (grey up here)
b)the heel pad usually is very inferior....BUT...ebay has "performance.900.1700 which APPEARS to have the correct heel pad, and
c)the factory carpet had a stiff composition to it, with a whitish clear backing in a waffle shape that gave the carpet rigidity...(at least the carpet I have)

Anyone know who "performance.900" is...and comments.

Anyone have any better sources.... I know Mark of 914rubber apparently is making some kits....but haven't seen them. I did send him a sample of my 914-6 carpet, but don't know if that was of any help to him.

Thanks

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:42 AM