Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET & ANIMAL FLESH ROAST, At least one more before I die
SLITS
post Sep 20 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #1

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

After much thought and a conference with Glenn, we have decided to hold this most prestigious event on:

October 26, 2014

For the newbies and the old pharts that can't remember shit, it will be held between the hours of 7 AM and ? at the following address:

2727 Kansas Ave
Riverside, CA 92507

This address is near the intersection of the 60 / 91 / 215 Freeways (at least they are still free) in Riverside, CA. If you don't own a GPS or some kinda new phangled phone that acts as a GPS, PM me your location and I will give you directions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) In reality, it's just to much shit to type.

In reality, most ALL Porsches are welcome. Gaymans, Kayennes, 356s, 550s, Macams and 911s are all welcome. We do have one exception to the lineage and that is the Panamera. Our new Rail Gun has been installed and they will be destroyed prior to entering our gate. No worries about the occupants of the vehicle? as Scotty will be available to beam humans out of the disgrace prior to it's destruction.

I will open the gate somewhere around 6:30 AM for those that can't sleep in anticipation of this fabulous event.

We will have grease and sugar laced edibles with a liquid black colloidal suspension for those that didn't make Mickey D's, Lennies or any other psuedo restaurant prior to arrival. This combination is actually FREE.

Around 10 AM we will fire the BBQ for our normal offering of Bovine Flesh Patties with a yellow fatty substance melted on them and tube steak made from the finest floor sweepings the USDA has approved. Bags of cholesterol laden potatoes, potatoe salad, macaroni salad, leafy green stuff, onions, tomatoes, yellow baby shit, 100 island dressing and mashed tomatoes will be provided for you to adorn your patty, tube steak or plate. Water and Fizzy flavored water will be provided. Anything else you must bring. If we are unlucky, some fool may make molten steel chili also. For all of this gastronomical delight we will ask for a $5.00 donation per person to imbibe. You must bring your own Pepto Dismal, Zantac, Tums or acid reducing pills.

*** Yes, we will have vegan patties/tubes for those "special people" that think by eating them they will be healthier and live longer.***

Some notable events for you to see:

1.) The Grey Ghost will still be leaking copious amounts of oil while sitting still.
2.) Glenn's 3.0 L conversion might still be in the "stink bug" configuration as it has been for the last 4 years.
3.) Jim Burke's 914 rusty restoration project will be in the "nose high" configuration as he is a "Dark Side Commander" and shudders every time he gets near the 914.
4.) Since it is close to winter, The Schlitzalom will be burned for heat. Gas masks will be provided for the toxic fumes, both from the fiberglass and Slits passing gas.
5.) Bernie Thomas son's trashed, rusty914 will still be for sale at an ungodly, unrealistic price.
6.) The garage may be clean as the water pump rebuilder has decided to move his business, but my junk valuable parts will still litter the area.
7.) Elliot may show up in his "Orange RTV Special".
8.) Kent, aka "Redneck" may show up in his "Porsubie".

We may have a sign in sheet that insulates The Recycler Core Company from any litigation involving attendance at this event.

Regardless, bring your valuable junk parts, spread them on the tarmac and see if you can con someone into purchasing it. Swap spaces are always free. Should no one throw dollars at your stuff, we do have a roll-off available for you to store it for infinity (or until it gets to the smelter).

Just a couple of reminders for you to consider:

1.) If your car is low or your trailer tongue is dragging on the ground, the approach ramp to the gate is steep (per City regs) so enter carefully.
2.) The area is under 24 hour video surveillance.
3.) We have a single unisex bathroom, so be kind to your fellow inmates.
4.) I will attempt placing trash receptacles at various locations. Please use them. Hopefully you will separate plastics/glass from the uneaten food (it's really stinky and sticky to go through it a couple of days later).

No other rules / warnings that I can think of at the moment.

Sorry folks, no political statements or prejudicial statements in this announcement as I have turned over a new leaf covering the jewels. My most heartfelt thanks to the Canadians for my wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't turn brown before the occasion.

Glenn and I look forward to seeing all of you again in the winter version of the G&R.

***The G&R has no affiliation with Porsche other than the fact I can speil it.***

I am done for the moment.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Sep 20 2014, 12:22 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

If you live anywhere in the western hemisphere, west of the Mississippi river or at least west of the Continental Divide, you owe it to yourself to show up at this event. At least one car-of-the-month will be there and with any luck, Marv's 3.6 will show up (if it's still drivable). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Donuts, coffee, grilled bovine muscle tissue with all the fixin's for $5. Some killer chili will be offered (with any luck) and I will have the antidote available at a nominal price. If you need something or have something someone might need, announce it on this thread. I have a serviceable gas tank if anyone needs it. (The return port is blocked off). There is always a part someone needs for their car and it can always, sometimes, every so often be found at the G&R. Be there.
Elliot
+Quote Post
Madswede
post Sep 20 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Flat Out Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I concur with Ellyut on this. I've only been to one, on my way back from Lost Angels to Albooturkey, and I really plan to go back when I can drive my 914 again. It's a ton of fun, cheap, and about 10% of the stories and claims are actually 90% true. All the rest are told by SLITS. Seriously awesome event that just keeps on going like those hemorrhoids you can't get rid of. I also don't want to see it stop cos I too have some junk valuable parts to sell someday. Cool cars and some 914 lunatics make well worth the trip, not to mention the real-life museum that is the garage and semi-assembled "projects" in their natural habitat.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 20 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

For the uninitiated, this is worth redeeming your frequent flier miles. Stay at the comfort inn and enjoy the morning stroll (a mile or so). Wear comfortable shoes as hitch hiking is pointless and bum a ride before the last person leaves. There are bargains are to be had.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Sep 20 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

Attached Image (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Rotary'14
post Sep 20 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,977

WooHoo!!! Count me in,,, I plan on driving my 914 too!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Sep 20 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Is someone doing the shirt again?

I missed out last year. I want one....or two.

Was Glenn doing them Ron?
+Quote Post
pete000
post Sep 20 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

My favorite show ! I will be there !
+Quote Post
Marv's3.6six
post Sep 20 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Actual member 7"

Member No.: 3,165

My favorite get together, being that it is the only one I attend, it better be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Ha Elliot you are a riot. I hope to be there with my car, it is currently in Phoenix and was driven as recently as yesterday unfortunately not by me. Jim Patrick is working the final bugs out of the car, which is a long story in itself. See you guys Oct 26.
+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Sep 20 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,794

Count me in for this great event.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Sep 20 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 20 2014, 03:22 PM) *

Is someone doing the shirt again?

I missed out last year. I want one....or two.

Was Glenn doing them Ron?

I believe Jamie (oldschool) did them and Glenn bought them. I will check with him tomorrow.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Sep 20 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

Ron let Glen know if we need to print some more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Sep 20 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #13

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

I'd like a large and a XXl if you do a run, Thks
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Sep 20 2014, 10:33 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

Has anyone NOT ever been to the Riverside International Raceway? Show up at the G&R (which coincidentally is also in Riverside) and meet at least two who have actually been there. One of whom actually worked on race cars there. The first time the other attended was at the 1961 Times Grand Prix. Both will be there to answer questions and sign autographs. You do NOT want to miss this once in a life time opportunity.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 21 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #15

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Hey Elliot! When did you get out? Early release?? Anyway good news. I'm in Texas the week before so I'll pick up a few cow chips for that Vegetarian Chili I've been promising you. I bought a small single serving slow cooker just for you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) And yes Ron, complain all you want but I'm bringing another gallon or two of spicy axle grease with meat chunks. And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Sep 21 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #16

914 Guru

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 21 2014, 03:06 PM) *

Hey Elliot! When did you get out? Early release?? Anyway good news. I'm in Texas the week before so I'll pick up a few cow chips for that Vegetarian Chili I've been promising you. I bought a small single serving slow cooker just for you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) And yes Ron, complain all you want but I'm bringing another gallon or two of spicy axle grease with meat chunks. And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

ALL the charges were dropped. She was actually 22 years old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Sep 21 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #17

And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Armadillo

Opossum

Squirrel

Jack Rabbit

USDA Approved Cutting Floor Sweepings

Not complaining ... just letting everyone know to bring their favorite stomach treatment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif)

+Quote Post
MATCHBOX914
post Sep 22 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 16,483

Always a good show. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pinch.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif)
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Sep 23 2014, 01:07 AM
Post #19

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Just do like I do. Tell them it's chili meat.
+Quote Post
mapguy
post Sep 23 2014, 08:03 AM
Post #20

Freelance Generalist

Member No.: 16,945

sub
scribe.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:59 AM