Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET & ANIMAL FLESH ROAST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
SLITS
After much thought and a conference with Glenn, we have decided to hold this most prestigious event on:

October 26, 2014

For the newbies and the old pharts that can't remember shit, it will be held between the hours of 7 AM and ? at the following address:

2727 Kansas Ave
Riverside, CA 92507

This address is near the intersection of the 60 / 91 / 215 Freeways (at least they are still free) in Riverside, CA. If you don't own a GPS or some kinda new phangled phone that acts as a GPS, PM me your location and I will give you directions. happy11.gif In reality, it's just to much shit to type.

In reality, most ALL Porsches are welcome. Gaymans, Kayennes, 356s, 550s, Macams and 911s are all welcome. We do have one exception to the lineage and that is the Panamera. Our new Rail Gun has been installed and they will be destroyed prior to entering our gate. No worries about the occupants of the vehicle? as Scotty will be available to beam humans out of the disgrace prior to it's destruction.

I will open the gate somewhere around 6:30 AM for those that can't sleep in anticipation of this fabulous event.

We will have grease and sugar laced edibles with a liquid black colloidal suspension for those that didn't make Mickey D's, Lennies or any other psuedo restaurant prior to arrival. This combination is actually FREE.

Around 10 AM we will fire the BBQ for our normal offering of Bovine Flesh Patties with a yellow fatty substance melted on them and tube steak made from the finest floor sweepings the USDA has approved. Bags of cholesterol laden potatoes, potatoe salad, macaroni salad, leafy green stuff, onions, tomatoes, yellow baby shit, 100 island dressing and mashed tomatoes will be provided for you to adorn your patty, tube steak or plate. Water and Fizzy flavored water will be provided. Anything else you must bring. If we are unlucky, some fool may make molten steel chili also. For all of this gastronomical delight we will ask for a $5.00 donation per person to imbibe. You must bring your own Pepto Dismal, Zantac, Tums or acid reducing pills.

*** Yes, we will have vegan patties/tubes for those "special people" that think by eating them they will be healthier and live longer.***

Some notable events for you to see:

1.) The Grey Ghost will still be leaking copious amounts of oil while sitting still.
2.) Glenn's 3.0 L conversion might still be in the "stink bug" configuration as it has been for the last 4 years.
3.) Jim Burke's 914 rusty restoration project will be in the "nose high" configuration as he is a "Dark Side Commander" and shudders every time he gets near the 914.
4.) Since it is close to winter, The Schlitzalom will be burned for heat. Gas masks will be provided for the toxic fumes, both from the fiberglass and Slits passing gas.
5.) Bernie Thomas son's trashed, rusty914 will still be for sale at an ungodly, unrealistic price.
6.) The garage may be clean as the water pump rebuilder has decided to move his business, but my junk valuable parts will still litter the area.
7.) Elliot may show up in his "Orange RTV Special".
8.) Kent, aka "Redneck" may show up in his "Porsubie".

We may have a sign in sheet that insulates The Recycler Core Company from any litigation involving attendance at this event.

Regardless, bring your valuable junk parts, spread them on the tarmac and see if you can con someone into purchasing it. Swap spaces are always free. Should no one throw dollars at your stuff, we do have a roll-off available for you to store it for infinity (or until it gets to the smelter).

Just a couple of reminders for you to consider:

1.) If your car is low or your trailer tongue is dragging on the ground, the approach ramp to the gate is steep (per City regs) so enter carefully.
2.) The area is under 24 hour video surveillance.
3.) We have a single unisex bathroom, so be kind to your fellow inmates.
4.) I will attempt placing trash receptacles at various locations. Please use them. Hopefully you will separate plastics/glass from the uneaten food (it's really stinky and sticky to go through it a couple of days later).

No other rules / warnings that I can think of at the moment.

Sorry folks, no political statements or prejudicial statements in this announcement as I have turned over a new leaf covering the jewels. My most heartfelt thanks to the Canadians for my wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't turn brown before the occasion.

Glenn and I look forward to seeing all of you again in the winter version of the G&R.

***The G&R has no affiliation with Porsche other than the fact I can speil it.***

I am done for the moment.

Elliot Cannon
If you live anywhere in the western hemisphere, west of the Mississippi river or at least west of the Continental Divide, you owe it to yourself to show up at this event. At least one car-of-the-month will be there and with any luck, Marv's 3.6 will show up (if it's still drivable). biggrin.gif Donuts, coffee, grilled bovine muscle tissue with all the fixin's for $5. Some killer chili will be offered (with any luck) and I will have the antidote available at a nominal price. If you need something or have something someone might need, announce it on this thread. I have a serviceable gas tank if anyone needs it. (The return port is blocked off). There is always a part someone needs for their car and it can always, sometimes, every so often be found at the G&R. Be there.
Elliot
Madswede
I concur with Ellyut on this. I've only been to one, on my way back from Lost Angels to Albooturkey, and I really plan to go back when I can drive my 914 again. It's a ton of fun, cheap, and about 10% of the stories and claims are actually 90% true. All the rest are told by SLITS. Seriously awesome event that just keeps on going like those hemorrhoids you can't get rid of. I also don't want to see it stop cos I too have some junk valuable parts to sell someday. Cool cars and some 914 lunatics make well worth the trip, not to mention the real-life museum that is the garage and semi-assembled "projects" in their natural habitat.
rhodyguy
For the uninitiated, this is worth redeeming your frequent flier miles. Stay at the comfort inn and enjoy the morning stroll (a mile or so). Wear comfortable shoes as hitch hiking is pointless and bum a ride before the last person leaves. There are bargains are to be had.
oldschool
Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
Rotary'14
WooHoo!!! Count me in,,, I plan on driving my 914 too!
914_teener
Is someone doing the shirt again?

I missed out last year. I want one....or two.

Was Glenn doing them Ron?
pete000
My favorite show ! I will be there !
Marv's3.6six
My favorite get together, being that it is the only one I attend, it better be. bootyshake.gif

Ha Elliot you are a riot. I hope to be there with my car, it is currently in Phoenix and was driven as recently as yesterday unfortunately not by me. Jim Patrick is working the final bugs out of the car, which is a long story in itself. See you guys Oct 26.
914-300Hemi
Count me in for this great event.
SLITS
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 20 2014, 03:22 PM) *

Is someone doing the shirt again?

I missed out last year. I want one....or two.

Was Glenn doing them Ron?

I believe Jamie (oldschool) did them and Glenn bought them. I will check with him tomorrow.
oldschool
Ron let Glen know if we need to print some more. aktion035.gif
Socalandy
I'd like a large and a XXl if you do a run, Thks
Elliot Cannon
Has anyone NOT ever been to the Riverside International Raceway? Show up at the G&R (which coincidentally is also in Riverside) and meet at least two who have actually been there. One of whom actually worked on race cars there. The first time the other attended was at the 1961 Times Grand Prix. Both will be there to answer questions and sign autographs. You do NOT want to miss this once in a life time opportunity.
76-914
Hey Elliot! When did you get out? Early release?? Anyway good news. I'm in Texas the week before so I'll pick up a few cow chips for that Vegetarian Chili I've been promising you. I bought a small single serving slow cooker just for you! beerchug.gif And yes Ron, complain all you want but I'm bringing another gallon or two of spicy axle grease with meat chunks. And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. slap.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 21 2014, 03:06 PM) *

Hey Elliot! When did you get out? Early release?? Anyway good news. I'm in Texas the week before so I'll pick up a few cow chips for that Vegetarian Chili I've been promising you. I bought a small single serving slow cooker just for you! beerchug.gif And yes Ron, complain all you want but I'm bringing another gallon or two of spicy axle grease with meat chunks. And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. slap.gif

ALL the charges were dropped. She was actually 22 years old. biggrin.gif
SLITS

And for the last time, quit asking me what kinda meat is in that Chile, when other people are standing around. slap.gif

Armadillo

Opossum

Squirrel

Jack Rabbit

USDA Approved Cutting Floor Sweepings

Not complaining ... just letting everyone know to bring their favorite stomach treatment stirthepot.gif blowup.gif

MATCHBOX914
Always a good show. aktion035.gif pinch.gif blowup.gif
JoeSharp

Just do like I do. Tell them it's chili meat.
mapguy
sub
scribe.
bernbomb914
some one needs to make an offer on that faded red old 914 and see what happens. I will try to be their, and yes I have both worked on carrol Shelby car and Bob Bonderant corvette in 62 GP also drove a formula Vee there.
sb914
Great time , lots of parts lots of cars
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 20 2014, 08:54 PM) *

I would really like a white shirt x-large please printed on backside.

Let me know how much. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif boom.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Elliot Cannon
You'll be there to pick it up, right? poke.gif biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 20 2014, 08:54 PM) *

I'll take an XL and a L por favor...pick up in person. Sounds like some driving but gotta be fun !
Marty
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 20 2014, 09:33 PM) *
Has anyone NOT ever been to the Riverside International Raceway? Show up at the G&R (which coincidentally is also in Riverside) and meet at least two who have actually been there. One of whom actually worked on race cars there. The first time the other attended was at the 1961 Times Grand Prix. Both will be there to answer questions and sign autographs. You do NOT want to miss this once in a life time opportunity.
My first time was back in the mid 60's when my brothers were still racing. I attended my first Times Grand Prix (in the infield) in 1973. We partied on top of my brand new 73 Dodge Tradesman 100 van and we dented the roof - damn dry.gif

aktion035.gif

See you nuts in October ... driving.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif I need a good windshield if someone has one bring it.
Elliot Cannon
I have one but I'll be using it. dry.gif Does anyone need a gas tank? (The return port is blocked off).
oldschool
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 20 2014, 02:00 PM) *

I looks like Glen not sure how many shirts he has. So if anyone wants one PM me please,
with your size and if you can't make it and want one no worries i'll ship it for $5
order here
Robert21
I will be there. . missed the last one . always have a good time . make $ 125.00 last time. maybe sell my car ????
914_teener
Got a bunch of stuff I will sell really cheap......really cheap.

1.7 FI harness.- Used but good shape.

New OEM vent window rubber- passenger side.

Misc extra 914-Rubber parts-

40 DCNF carb with alum plenum manifold- been rolling around in the garage WAY too long- CHEAP.

All stuff that has to go so....be in Riverside...this will be the last trip for this stuff. I ain't shipping it anywhere. I'm too lazy and too busy right now.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Sep 29 2014, 07:02 PM) *

I will be there. . missed the last one . always have a good time . make $ 125.00 last time. maybe sell my car ????

What? Sell your car?? WTF.gif
Ben and Ralph
First G&R for me aktion035.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Sep 29 2014, 07:02 PM) *

Pm sent
76-914
icon_bump.gif What's the weather going to be like that day? wacko.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 2 2014, 12:44 PM) *

icon_bump.gif What's the weather going to be like that day? wacko.gif

Sunny and 81 degrees ..........

Dark clouds, insults if you piss me off! Actually, if I'm not pissed it will just be insults. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you are anywhere in the southwest, you need to show up for this event. Always a good time. Good cars, good people and good food. (If you are into that whole bovine thing). You might even find that elusive part you've been looking for. Post a message if you need something specific. If no one has what you need, Bruce Stone probably does. If you've been before, welcome back, if you haven't, why not?
Cheers, Elliot
olsib914
I plan on being there with another 914 friend. His are on jack stands. He claims he knows how to get
Palmer
76-914
icon_bump.gif back to the top.
Thestigz06
Might make it out and sell off all my spare s@&* that I have been finding in all corners of the house.
76-914
Damnit Ellyut, I go on vacation for a few days and look where i found this. Page 2. slap.gif
VegasRacer
I am going to take the long way to drive down on Saturday. driving.gif
chowtime.gif Any recommendations for dinner locations? Anybody else in town early want to join me? beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
I'll be there, but all I'm gonna say is that I don't know which car to take... I'm gonna leave it at that. biggrin.gif confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 10 2014, 06:32 PM) *

Damnit Ellyut, I go on vacation for a few days and look where i found this. Page 2. slap.gif

I know and I'm sorry. I've been slackin'. I've been helping my Son and his Wife move to a new place and I'm a little ummm, ti.........ed. huh.gif
SLITS
icon_bump.gif

It's getting closer .............................
76-914
icon_bump.gif to the top with some good news. I've been driving Texas roads for the last 4 days and I'm happy to announce that I have now collected enough road kill for the Chili. chowtime.gif
914_teener
Excess "stuff" that will be there.....

Click to view attachment
euro911
How much for the center wheel caps, Rob?
914_teener
For you mark.......

trade you an day with an AFM meter that I can tune an MPS with......they are yours.
euro911
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 13 2014, 03:24 PM) *
For you mark.......

trade you an day with an AFM meter that I can tune an MPS with......they are yours
OK smile.gif ... I'll make a note to bring the meter out to the G&R.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.