Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET & ANIMAL FLESH ROAST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
'73-914kid
I've never asked this before, but Ron or Kent, do you guys need me to bring anything? It's easy enough to stop at the store on my way out there. LMK,

Ethan
76-914
Yes, bring your car and any good looking female students that need to brush up on old Porsche's and older men. happy11.gif Paul is bringing his new find, right? If so, tell him to bring Ben.
'73-914kid
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 23 2014, 08:42 AM) *

Yes, bring your car and any good looking female students that need to brush up on old Porsche's and older men. happy11.gif Paul is bringing his new find, right? If so, tell him to bring Ben.

I've tried to find ladies here who care about old Porsche's and old men... I'm not sure they exist.. sorry..

And I believe so.. the car devloped a missfire on his way home from work, and while I'm up at school I'm unable to track it down (L-Jet confuses him, wires, and vacuum lines, etc. rolleyes.gif ) So hopefully I can walk him through it from 70 miles away on the phone..
MATCHBOX914
Click to view attachment icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
euro911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 23 2014, 08:01 AM) *
Kent,

we have spoons & bowls also .............
Do you have a phone?

Give me a call call me.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 23 2014, 10:46 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 23 2014, 08:01 AM) *
Kent,

we have spoons & bowls also .............
Do you have a phone?

Give me a call call me.gif

Why in the hell would I want to talk to you Shorty?

Today, after 4:05 PM.
76-914
QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ Oct 23 2014, 10:41 AM) *

Forget the spoons and bowls. w00t.gif shocked[1].gif This is what I'm talking about, Ethan. If this newbie (Matchbox914)can come up with something this nice looking quickly I suspect you could too. Now get back out there and find us some eye candy for this weekend. happy11.gif
euro911
In the long run, which one would be the better investment? laugh.gif
MATCHBOX914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 23 2014, 03:25 PM) *

That house with the red roof.
RFoulds
I need left hand fog light grill or. Pair of really nice ones. Grills that is. If anyone is coming that has them.
oldschool
piratenanner.gif who wants to caravan driving.gif we can meet at the Starbucks off the 10 @ fairplex first.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 23 2014, 10:14 PM) *

piratenanner.gif who wants to caravan driving.gif we can meet at the Starbucks off the 10 @ fairplex first.gif

Maybe me....I am still a pencil in. So much life happening right now....a good thing.

But if this may be the last one.....I think I should make it no matter what.

I will know tomorrow afternoon.
euro911
QUOTE(MATCHBOX914 @ Oct 23 2014, 05:28 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 23 2014, 03:25 PM) *
That house with the red roof.
Good eye beerchug.gif
JStroud
Well looks like I'm going to make it to my first G&R swap, talked to Walt at competition engineering today, dropping off my 2.7 for machine work on Monday. So the plan is drive down for the swap, then Monday morning drive to Walts shop and drop off the 2.7, then back home.

Unfortunately I'll be driving my work truck....but at least I'll have lots of room if I see anything I just have to have. happy11.gif

Anyone need something brought from G&R back to the Sacramento area?

Jeff
76-914
Alright Jeff, come on down.
arkitect
QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 24 2014, 02:17 PM) *

Well looks like I'm going to make it to my first G&R swap, talked to Walt at competition engineering today, dropping off my 2.7 for machine work on Monday. So the plan is drive down for the swap, then Monday morning drive to Walts shop and drop off the 2.7, then back home.

Unfortunately I'll be driving my work truck....but at least I'll have lots of room if I see anything I just have to have. happy11.gif

Anyone need something brought from G&R back to the Sacramento area?

Jeff

Jeff,
I will see u there. Be good to finally meet you.

I'm in the same boat, not traveling in a teener, just my Dailey driver.

Dave
JStroud
Probably meet a few members I haven't met before, I'll be the old guy wearing an Original Customs sweatshirt in the morning till it warms up, if you want to say hi.......................or....I'll be the old guy wearing the Original Customs sweatshirt if you want to avoid me.... shades.gif

See you there.
Jeff
ruby914
It is looking like I be making it down there on Suby power. How many Subies will that make?
I have the old 901 side shift out with cable shift linkage, cables, KEP adapter, clutch and flywheel. If anyone is interested in this starter kit, give me a PM.

Oh and I have a fiberglass dash, may have a set of "A" pillers with the tweeter bosses. I will look for any other goodies laying around.

Elliot, you still have that rag targa top? I would like to see it. Need some ideas...

Jamie, got more L shirts? smile.gif

Mike.
jcd914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 24 2014, 09:46 PM) *

Probably meet a few members I haven't met before, I'll be the old guy wearing an Original Customs sweatshirt in the morning till it warms up, if you want to say hi.......................or....I'll be the old guy wearing the Original Customs sweatshirt if you want to avoid me.... shades.gif

See you there.
Jeff

When do you think you'll get to the G&R?
Where you staying till Monday?

Jim
JStroud
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 24 2014, 10:54 PM) *

See you there.
Jeff

Jim

I'm driving down early Sunday, should be there by 8:00am, then planning on driving to Bakersfield Sunday afternoon and getting a room there, just a short drive from Bakersfield to Walts shop on Monday, then back home.
jcd914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Oct 25 2014, 06:37 AM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 24 2014, 10:54 PM) *

See you there.
Jeff

Jim

I'm driving down early Sunday, should be there by 8:00am, then planning on driving to Bakersfield Sunday afternoon and getting a room there, just a short drive from Bakersfield to Walts shop on Monday, then back home.

I had it in my head that CE was in the LA area, not near Bakersfield.

May well see you (and others) at G&R tomorrow, I'm back down in Long Beach this week.

Jim
SLITS
The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you got to hang on
till' tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
You're always a day away!

76-914
QUOTE(ruby914 @ Oct 24 2014, 10:53 PM) *

It is looking like I be making it down there on Suby power. How many Subies will that make?
I have the old 901 side shift out with cable shift linkage, cables, KEP adapter, clutch and flywheel. If anyone is interested in this starter kit, give me a PM.

Oh and I have a fiberglass dash, may have a set of "A" pillers with the tweeter bosses. I will look for any other goodies laying around.

Elliot, you still have that rag targa top? I would like to see it. Need some ideas...

Jamie, got more L shirts? smile.gif

Mike.

2 Suby's, you n me biggrin.gif + some V-8's and probably a rotary, too. If there were more converts we could corral the conversions in a remote area of the event. calvin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 25 2014, 08:01 AM) *

So you got to hang on

Actually the forecast for tomorrow is cloudy.
poke.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 25 2014, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 25 2014, 08:01 AM) *

So you got to hang on

Actually the forecast for tomorrow is cloudy.
poke.gif

To be fair, SLITS is quoting from his favorite musical wub.gif (of which there are many) and he was talking about tomorrow. No specific day, just "tomorrow". lol-2.gif
Steve
Tomorrow never comes. There is also free crab tomorrow. Of course if you get the crabs they will probably be with you tomorrow.
euro911

See you there.
Jeff
laugh.gif

I'll look for you there. I have no idea what I'll be wearing till I go out the door, but I'm driving the Westfalia ('Eileen').
Larmo63
I'm still thinking about tomorrow, I caught crabs at the last G & R event.
Elliot Cannon
On my way to the splendid Ontario Airport Holliday Inn smoke.gif where I will be spending a restful night in anticipation of attending the G&R. Mmmm, I can taste the veggie chili now. stirthepot.gif Maybe I should bring some Tupperware incase there is any left. chowtime.gif laugh.gif See you all tomorrow. When I say "all" I mean all who are lucky enough to attend. smile.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 25 2014, 10:11 AM) *

I'm still thinking about tomorrow, I caught crabs at the last event at G & R.

av-943.gif
It was probably from spending to much time reading the AA catalog on Slits toilet. Beware... do not throw toothpicks in the toilet, crabs can pole vault.

Back on topic..
I will be bringing a early rear chrome bumper and Weltmeister 22mm front sway bar with the overpriced optional fully adjustable drop links.
don-6
I am looking for an early rear chrome bumper for my 1970 914-6. Also looking for front 19mm torsion bars for a -6 or 911 (20 spline I think). I will be driving my Signal Orange car, it's the one with really bad paint. See everyone tomorrow.
JStroud
Just saw the t-shirts, will these be available at the event?

Jeff
Maltese Falcon
Hi Ethan ...Check your pm driving.gif
Marty
euro911
...Elliot, you still have that rag targa top? I would like to see it. Need some ideas...
Mike.
Mike, did you come by and pick up the two targa-tops I brought back in April? I think I remember you stopping by and grabbing them? confused24.gif

Ron MIGHT have some more tops in one of the dumpsters (or possibly stashed away somewhere else) shades.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 23 2014, 10:14 PM) *

Too far!
oldschool
OK I guess ill do the drive by me self lol-2.gif and yes I have a few t-Shirts beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 25 2014, 10:21 AM) *
On my way to the splendid Ontario Airport Holliday Inn smoke.gif ...
Elliot, I'm bringing a GIANT aeronautical book for you ... hope you have room for it confused24.gif
JStroud
On my way driving.gif
ruby914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 25 2014, 05:09 PM) *

...Elliot, you still have that rag targa top? I would like to see it. Need some ideas...
Mike.
Mike, did you come by and pick up the two targa-tops I brought back in April? I think I remember you stopping by and grabbing them? confused24.gif

Ron MIGHT have some more tops in one of the dumpsters (or possibly stashed away somewhere else) shades.gif

Yes mark, that was me. slits.gif
I made some progress, Then got hing up on the best direction to take.

I'll bring them down, see what you think.
See ya soon.
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 25 2014, 11:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 25 2014, 10:21 AM) *
On my way to the splendid Ontario Airport Holliday Inn smoke.gif ...
Elliot, I'm bringing a GIANT aeronautical book for you ... hope you have room for it confused24.gif

I hope that it is a coloring book. You know that Elliot was a pilot and doesn't read so good. He once told me that he could read reading alright but that he struggled when trying to read writing. Whatever the Hell that means. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Damn screwy clock on my nite stand was an hour off so I'm up at 4. headbang.gif
SLITS
Up since 4 AM. Leaving house to head down, open gate, start coffee and then go back to sleep.

WOW, it's really dark (not the coffee).

JStroud
Still driving.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 25 2014, 09:49 PM) *

OK I guess ill do the drive by me self lol-2.gif and yes I have a few t-Shirts beerchug.gif

Jaime,
A couple of guys are meeting @ my house around 8:30 if you care to join us, U are always welcomed!
Cesar
76-914
Can someone bring a slow cooker/crock pot early. One of mine died and we need to have two pots of chili going. Thx, kent
RFoulds
Thanks everyone. I got a. Lille of parts needed to finish Willow Green car, looked at a coue of cars for sale, and brought new 914 can with me to meet a few of the community. Good turnout!!!
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
76-914
I didn't take any pic's sad.gif but I'm sure others will post up. I was busy talking, shopping, sloping Chile or giving rides. biggrin.gif This was my favorite GnR yet and this is why........... We were minutes from serving lunch when a street person wandered in. She was obviously troubled and in dire straights. She wanted to sell a piece of chain for $2 so she could catch a bus. Maybe it was to buy crack. Who knows. Glen, the G of GnR (while grilling) overheard her trying to sell the chain. He bought it then offered her access to the buffet. The poor lady was quite nervous about holding things up yet thankful for the food as she loaded up. She was very hungry. At that moment I felt thankful to be there and witness one human beings kindness bestowed upon another; unconditionally. The point is she IS someones daughter, sister, cousin or friend. And whether she brought misfortune upon herself or was a victim of the recession doesn't matter. That we still care about one another is what matters. Thanks for being a Good Guy Glen. Today I feel a little bit better about humanity. beerchug.gif
JStroud
Here you go.
Click to view attachment

Oops damn I phone
JStroud
Click to view attachment

Had fun today, other than the 7 hr drive down....saw a few familiar faces, met a few new faces...thanks Kent for the ride in the suby 6 car, lots of fun there. Great seeing everyone, now I'm at best western in Bakersfield, drop the 2.7 off in the morning then home.

Jeff
Maltese Falcon
This was our first G+R and had a good time meeting so many 914world members. I've conversed with many on this board, some are customers as well...today I had the opportunity to meet dozens of you.
Tasty food, bought +sold 914 things and great SoCal weather...thanks to Glen+Ron (and others) for putting on the G+R burger.gif
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.