Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET & ANIMAL FLESH ROAST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VegasRacer
Thanks to our host and all that attended. first.gif I had a great time at the event.
I can not believe how clean the shop and yard were. FERG.gif

For me, half the fun is getting there. driving.gif I took the long way, as usual.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
photo

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
the show

Click to view attachment
colingreene
I was there, met mapguy. that was cool.
was gone by 8 though.
RFoulds
Glad some one got pics. I can prove I was there.
biggrin.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 26 2014, 05:10 PM) *

I didn't take any pic's sad.gif but I'm sure others will post up. I was busy talking, shopping, sloping Chile or giving rides. biggrin.gif This was my favorite GnR yet and this is why........... We were minutes from serving lunch when a street person wandered in. She was obviously troubled and in dire straights. She wanted to sell a piece of chain for $2 so she could catch a bus. Maybe it was to buy crack. Who knows. Glen, the G of GnR (while grilling) overheard her trying to sell the chain. He bought it then offered her access to the buffet. The poor lady was quite nervous about holding things up yet thankful for the food as she loaded up. She was very hungry. At that moment I felt thankful to be there and witness one human beings kindness bestowed upon another; unconditionally. The point is she IS someones daughter, sister, cousin or friend. And whether she brought misfortune upon herself or was a victim of the recession doesn't matter. That we still care about one another is what matters. Thanks for being a Good Guy Glen. Today I feel a little bit better about humanity. beerchug.gif

Great story, thanks for taking the time to share it. I've been hungry on the street and there are some good people out there willing to help. Your good people 914 World members. beerchug.gif I hope to be able to be there next time around.
pete000
I always find something I don't really need at a great price !!!

I had to use severe will power to pass up on some great bits today !

My favorite swap meet!!
Eric_Shea
Is anyone still there? I was thinking about stopping by. huh.gif
Ben and Ralph
Had an awesome time today. Thanks to everyone who put this together. Beautiful cars, great food, and awesome people. Even free roller coaster rides aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
olsib914
Had great time once I found the place..really Kansas should not be that hard to locate. The other one is plum middle of USA. A great gathering of 914 something for everyone. Thanks to our hosts and the chile was good. Missed the roller coaster ride but heard it go by several times
Palmer
faded red 72
oldschool
G&R Baby....Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
euro911
Thanks again to Glenn and Ron for hosting yet another great G&R beerchug.gif

We had a really good turnout and I finally got to meet some long time members in person for the first time. Also met some new boys and girls as well ... in addition to the usual suspects that typically show up laugh.gif

Most of us were were in awe as to how barren the shop area was ... never seen it so clean and tidy blink.gif ... made me to think about getting my inventory down to a more manageable level with more space to actually work in idea.gif ... More good news, I actually sold some shit good used parts today - big bulky stuff at that smile.gif

I hope additional pix will get posted. I walked around with my new camera in my back pocket all day and didn't snap off even one shot headbang.gif screwy.gif
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
Steve
Thanks Glen and Ron for putting this on!! I brought a bunch of stuff t sell, but once again only sold a single 914 matchbox for $10.00. But I did pick up a used set of bumper tops and a nice plated gas cap from Bruce. Beautiful cars showed up as usual.
Hopefully I will be bringing mine to the next one.
oldschool
aktion035.gif driving.gif 914 drive
Dave_Darling
I tried to make it out to this one, but the timing just didn't work. I would have had to pack up all my bags, leave them with the wife in the hotel, and get from Marina Del Rey to the swap and then back again by 11. And the wife was not happy about the idea of being left alone with no transportation at the hotel...

--DD
1TRICK6
Click to view attachment
Marv's3.6six
Great event as always. Ron and Glen... Thank You big time. I had a fun day. biggrin.gif
andys
Thanks Ron (and whoever else helped) for putting on the usual great event. I'm particularly impressed with the great weather you ordered up!

Andys
7TPorsh
QUOTE(1TRICK6 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:32 AM) *

What is that? a pedal car?
arkitect
Here are some more shots - the teener behind the silver was a cool color. Didn't get to ask him the name of it and the front shot is a little skewed.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Had a good time. Good weather, food and 914's, couldn't ask for better.

Dave
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(arkitect @ Oct 27 2014, 02:06 PM) *

Here are some more shots - the teener behind the silver was a cool color.

If you mean the car parked to the left of that silver car, it looks like Marathon Blue Metallic.

--DD
arkitect
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 27 2014, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Oct 27 2014, 02:06 PM) *

Here are some more shots - the teener behind the silver was a cool color.

If you mean the car parked to the left of that silver car, it looks like Marathon Blue Metallic.

--DD

Thanks, good looking color. Also liked the clear lens and front side markers.

Here are some more shots.
Click to view attachment
This guy was selling repainted matchbox cars in different colors. Don't know how he repackaged them.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Dave
X911IC
Thanks for all the pics. Sorry I missed it. Bought and sold lots of stuff last time and will make the next. Neil
euro911
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 27 2014, 11:05 AM) *
QUOTE(1TRICK6 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:32 AM) *
What is that? a pedal car?
No laugh.gif ... it's more likely just a digital data error. Looks weird, huh ...
Elliot Cannon
I drove down to the G&R on Saturday. Stopped at the Cliff House on the way down for lunch. One of my favorite places. (Cell phone pic).
Elliot Cannon
More pics from G&R. Another great time. If you haven't been to this event, you make the next one.
76-914
FWIW, I counted 28 914's including the one that left early, 2 dogs, 3 pilots, one A&P, 4 females, 3 perverts, 2 parolee's if you include Elyut, one communist, 5 vegetarians 2 of which converted due to a shortage of vegi Chili, at least 12 genius' and I'm pretty sure somebody brought a damned Monkee.
Elliot Cannon
SLITS is in there somewhere trying to start the "SHALOM". It started and actually sounded pretty good. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Bruce Stone holding court. If you need a used part, Bruce probably has it or knows where to get one. If you need something check in with bdstone.
Elliot Cannon
A few more.
Steve
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 27 2014, 07:07 PM) *

Bruce Stone holding court. If you need a used part, Bruce probably has it or knows where to get one. If you need something check in with bdstone.

agree.gif
I love his plated parts. I bought a nice early plated gas cap. He also rebuilds pedal clusters.
oldschool
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 27 2014, 07:04 PM) *

FWIW, I counted 28 914's including the one that left early, 2 dogs, 3 pilots, one A&P, 4 females, 3 perverts, 2 parolee's if you include Elyut, one communist, 5 vegetarians 2 of which converted due to a shortage of vegi Chili, at least 12 genius' and I'm pretty sure somebody brought a damned Monkee.

check out Elyut...lol can't take that cat no place. PLAY
mapguy
Had to take off early. I was inspired to work on my car!

Great to meet so many folks while I was there, and managed to only came home with a few small parts smile.gif

Thanks again for organizing. Can't wait for the next one.
76-914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 27 2014, 08:20 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 27 2014, 07:04 PM) *

check out Elyut...lol can't take that cat no place. PLAY

Private Video - won't load!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.