Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welding, Philisophical properties of welding
CatDaddy60
post Sep 20 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,451
Region Association: Southwest Region

Got to set up and flame weld a repair today. I know it wasn't on a teener but it felt so good to set up the torch and fuse some metal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I was wondering if anyone else found relaxation properties in welding or am I just weird that way?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Sep 20 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I love to weld and find it relaxing, too. Until the ass hats here poke fun at it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad2.gif)
+Quote Post
a few loose screws
post Sep 20 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,754
Region Association: None

Welding fumes are good for:
asthenia;dry throat and cough;dyspnea;encephalopathy;fatigue;fever;insomnia;lower back pain;malaise;mental confusion;mental what?who said that?someone answer that damn phone! metal fume fever;paralysis;rales;spastic gait;tightness in the chest;vomiting;weakness. Oh, and when you blow your nose black stuff comes out.
+Quote Post
914bub
post Sep 20 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,260

My welds look like sh!t. I can stick metal together but wouldn't wanna show it to anybody. I like vacuuming and doing dishes, (Cause I'm good at both)!

I'm thinking about taking a welding class at the local college. I worked in auto repair shops for 20 years and should have been practicing sticking metal together instead of "Taking lunch"........
+Quote Post
worn
post Sep 20 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #5

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 20 2014, 03:45 PM) *

I love to weld and find it relaxing, too. Until the ass hats here poke fun at it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I am shocked, simply shocked that such a criticism could beleveled at a learned helper of the poor teener. It can only be jealousy and envy.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Sep 20 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

An angle grinder is a welders best tool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Sep 21 2014, 06:11 AM
Post #7

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Sep 20 2014, 07:57 PM) *

asthenia;dry throat and cough;dyspnea;encephalopathy;fatigue;fever;insomnia;lower back pain;malaise;mental confusion;mental what?who said that?someone answer that damn phone! metal fume fever;paralysis;rales;spastic gait;tightness in the chest;vomiting;weakness. Oh, and when you blow your nose black stuff comes out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Nobody invite this guy to a party. What a Debbie Downer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Dont read the possible side effects of Tylenol, alcohol, coffee, etc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
a few loose screws
post Sep 21 2014, 07:16 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 17,754

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 21 2014, 04:11 AM) *

QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Sep 20 2014, 07:57 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Nobody invite this guy to a party. What a Debbie Downer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Dont read the possible side effects of Tylenol, alcohol, coffee, etc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Hey! You sir are a doctor! Didn't you take some sort of Hippocratic oath to uphold the standards and ethics of the physicians craft? Its your duty to inform the people. If you must know I take a handful of Tylenol and wash it down with an extra large triple double before I even attempt to start welding. When the job is done I sit back and admire my work in my lead paint, radon filled garage and chug a few glasses of cold gin and smoke a nice Cuban cigar!
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Sep 21 2014, 07:19 AM
Post #9

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 20 2014, 07:45 PM) *

We don't make fun of it...we just thought you were using bubblegum.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 21 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #10

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Sep 20 2014, 04:03 PM) *

Got to set up and flame weld a repair today. I know it wasn't on a teener but it felt so good to set up the torch and fuse some metal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I was wondering if anyone else found relaxation properties in welding or am I just weird that way?

I like to do a little gas welding once in a while. More especially when I'm dealing with thin metal. I don't own a TIG and I like the infinite heat control that gas offers, i.e. moving the torch handle in and out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
CatDaddy60
post Sep 21 2014, 10:07 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,451
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 21 2014, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Sep 20 2014, 04:03 PM) *

I like to do a little gas welding once in a while. More especially when I'm dealing with thin metal. I don't own a TIG and I like the infinite heat control that gas offers, i.e. moving the torch handle in and out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

When I was a kid (teenager) I helped my dad replace a drivers side rear quarter panel on a 68 mustang coupe when he was done there was very little need for any filler of any kind. He had me holding a soaked towel on either side of the welds as we went as a heat sink. While he didn't teach me to weld I got to see what really good welds looked like. I have not learned MIG or TIG yet but One day I will.
+Quote Post
green914
post Sep 21 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,874
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) looks like fun to me.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 21 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #13

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Got to set up and flame weld a repair today. I know it wasn't on a teener but it felt so good to set up the torch and fuse some metal. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I was wondering if anyone else found relaxation properties in welding or am I just weird that way?

gas welding is very relaxing, Fire is always soothing......
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Sep 22 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #14

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

I rather enjoy Mig welding 1/8" and thicker material.

You really get to slow down and experiment a little with the metal. VS the typical thin stuff its just draw a line or work a hole.
+Quote Post
Jeff Hail
post Sep 22 2014, 06:15 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,712

Alchemy !!![b]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:16 PM