Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CatDaddy60
Got to set up and flame weld a repair today. I know it wasn't on a teener but it felt so good to set up the torch and fuse some metal. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I was wondering if anyone else found relaxation properties in welding or am I just weird that way?
Dr Evil
I love to weld and find it relaxing, too. Until the ass hats here poke fun at it dry.gif
sad2.gif
a few loose screws
Welding fumes are good for:
asthenia;dry throat and cough;dyspnea;encephalopathy;fatigue;fever;insomnia;lower back pain;malaise;mental confusion;mental what?who said that?someone answer that damn phone! metal fume fever;paralysis;rales;spastic gait;tightness in the chest;vomiting;weakness. Oh, and when you blow your nose black stuff comes out.
914bub
My welds look like sh!t. I can stick metal together but wouldn't wanna show it to anybody. I like vacuuming and doing dishes, (Cause I'm good at both)!

I'm thinking about taking a welding class at the local college. I worked in auto repair shops for 20 years and should have been practicing sticking metal together instead of "Taking lunch"........
worn
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 20 2014, 03:45 PM) *

I love to weld and find it relaxing, too. Until the ass hats here poke fun at it dry.gif
sad2.gif

I am shocked, simply shocked that such a criticism could beleveled at a learned helper of the poor teener. It can only be jealousy and envy.
Elliot Cannon
An angle grinder is a welders best tool. av-943.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Sep 20 2014, 07:57 PM) *

asthenia;dry throat and cough;dyspnea;encephalopathy;fatigue;fever;insomnia;lower back pain;malaise;mental confusion;mental what?who said that?someone answer that damn phone! metal fume fever;paralysis;rales;spastic gait;tightness in the chest;vomiting;weakness. Oh, and when you blow your nose black stuff comes out.

blink.gif Nobody invite this guy to a party. What a Debbie Downer dry.gif

Dont read the possible side effects of Tylenol, alcohol, coffee, etc rolleyes.gif
a few loose screws
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 21 2014, 04:11 AM) *

QUOTE(a few loose screws @ Sep 20 2014, 07:57 PM) *

blink.gif Nobody invite this guy to a party. What a Debbie Downer dry.gif

Dont read the possible side effects of Tylenol, alcohol, coffee, etc rolleyes.gif

Hey! You sir are a doctor! Didn't you take some sort of Hippocratic oath to uphold the standards and ethics of the physicians craft? Its your duty to inform the people. If you must know I take a handful of Tylenol and wash it down with an extra large triple double before I even attempt to start welding. When the job is done I sit back and admire my work in my lead paint, radon filled garage and chug a few glasses of cold gin and smoke a nice Cuban cigar!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 20 2014, 07:45 PM) *

sad2.gif

We don't make fun of it...we just thought you were using bubblegum.

poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Sep 20 2014, 04:03 PM) *

Got to set up and flame weld a repair today. I know it wasn't on a teener but it felt so good to set up the torch and fuse some metal. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I was wondering if anyone else found relaxation properties in welding or am I just weird that way?

I like to do a little gas welding once in a while. More especially when I'm dealing with thin metal. I don't own a TIG and I like the infinite heat control that gas offers, i.e. moving the torch handle in and out. biggrin.gif
CatDaddy60
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 21 2014, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(CatDaddy60 @ Sep 20 2014, 04:03 PM) *

I like to do a little gas welding once in a while. More especially when I'm dealing with thin metal. I don't own a TIG and I like the infinite heat control that gas offers, i.e. moving the torch handle in and out. biggrin.gif

When I was a kid (teenager) I helped my dad replace a drivers side rear quarter panel on a 68 mustang coupe when he was done there was very little need for any filler of any kind. He had me holding a soaked towel on either side of the welds as we went as a heat sink. While he didn't teach me to weld I got to see what really good welds looked like. I have not learned MIG or TIG yet but One day I will.
green914
welder.gif looks like fun to me.
sixnotfour

gas welding is very relaxing, Fire is always soothing......
Andyrew
I rather enjoy Mig welding 1/8" and thicker material.

You really get to slow down and experiment a little with the metal. VS the typical thin stuff its just draw a line or work a hole.
Jeff Hail
Alchemy !!![b]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.