Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Scheels reupholstered, Material Question
'73-914kid
post Oct 7 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

Okay, so the Scheels I have are a little worse for the wear, and I have a family friend who does seat upholstry, but I'm a little torn on what to do material wise. The factory material looked like something similar to a fake corduroy, but it is thinning badly.

Anyways, I'm looking at either doing black corduroy, or white and black houndstooth. Would redoing the seats in something other than corduroy significantly hurt the value of the seats, or would it really not matter a whole lot?

Also, does anyone have experience with wear characteristics of corduroy? My car is a daily driver, so I'm a little afraid the die would wash out from sitting in the sun and turn purple, as I've had issues with that on customers black cloth race seats. (Sparco)

Anyone have any input on the matter?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Oct 7 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Ethan, get a hold of Andy (Socalandy) he has had Scheels reupholstered in the the original fabric. I think he would be able to help you make your decision.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:19 PM