Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having Scheels reupholstered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Okay, so the Scheels I have are a little worse for the wear, and I have a family friend who does seat upholstry, but I'm a little torn on what to do material wise. The factory material looked like something similar to a fake corduroy, but it is thinning badly.

Anyways, I'm looking at either doing black corduroy, or white and black houndstooth. Would redoing the seats in something other than corduroy significantly hurt the value of the seats, or would it really not matter a whole lot?

Also, does anyone have experience with wear characteristics of corduroy? My car is a daily driver, so I'm a little afraid the die would wash out from sitting in the sun and turn purple, as I've had issues with that on customers black cloth race seats. (Sparco)

Anyone have any input on the matter?
Sleepin
Ethan, get a hold of Andy (Socalandy) he has had Scheels reupholstered in the the original fabric. I think he would be able to help you make your decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.