Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rennsport V, DATE CHANGE: September 25-27, 2015
siverson
post Dec 3 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

It appears the Hojo Marina is sold out now.

I just booked the Carmel Lodge (20 minutes from Laguna Seca).

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 3 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #82

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I was caller #3 at 8AM this morning getting an RV site. By 10AM, I called back and was #93 in line....

This is going to be a great event!
+Quote Post
pisces914
post Dec 4 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 1,988

hey guys - i was on hold #97 at 9:00 a.m. on 12/3 - i spoke with the tix folks - the corrals and camping will be the first to go - also, if you sign up for a corral, you must bring that model car or you will not be allowed at your paid for corral or for corral for the model you brought - according to the tix folks, you can change your model, but you must do this at least 8 weeks prior to the event - a word to the wise, get your tix now!!!

brad in seattle
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 7 2014, 10:52 AM
Post #84

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Betty and I bought our tickets this morning. We got the GA + Paddock, and the Rev Limiter zone. I can't wait to hear a 917 pass by at full song!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

We started looking at airfare, and I had a brilliant idea. Fly into Ontario and get Slits to rent me a 914 for the weekend. But Betty said it would probably break down and I would spend my vacation fixing it, and Slits would get it back better than when he rented it to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) So no 914 rentals or car corral for us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Any suggestions on airports? We are Texans, and a short trip here is anything under 3 hours. So a trip from the LA or Reno areas is easily doable for us.

+Quote Post
Alphaogre
post Dec 7 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #85

Member No.: 14,487

QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 3 2014, 08:29 PM) *

I was caller #3 at 8AM this morning getting an RV site. By 10AM, I called back and was #93 in line....

This is going to be a great event!

Where did you call for the RV camping? I can seem to find the number? Looking to bring a 40foot 5th wheel...
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 7 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #86

914 Wizard

Mazda Raceway tickets. (831) 242-8200
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 7 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #87

914 Wizard

QUOTE(pisces914 @ Dec 4 2014, 06:39 PM) *

hey guys - i was on hold #97 at 9:00 a.m. on 12/3 - i spoke with the tix folks - the corrals and camping will be the first to go - also, if you sign up for a corral, you must bring that model car or you will not be allowed at your paid for corral or for corral for the model you brought - according to the tix folks, you can change your model, but you must do this at least 8 weeks prior to the event - a word to the wise, get your tix now!!!

brad in seattle

Thx. Will do.
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Dec 7 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 7 2014, 08:52 AM) *

Betty and I bought our tickets this morning. We got the GA + Paddock, and the Rev Limiter zone. I can't wait to hear a 917 pass by at full song!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

We started looking at airfare, and I had a brilliant idea. Fly into Ontario and get Slits to rent me a 914 for the weekend. But Betty said it would probably break down and I would spend my vacation fixing it, and Slits would get it back better than when he rented it to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) So no 914 rentals or car corral for us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Any suggestions on airports? We are Texans, and a short trip here is anything under 3 hours. So a trip from the LA or Reno areas is easily doable for us.

Clay,
LAX by car to Monterey is approx. 8 hours up the 101 or 5, into Salinas/ Laguna Seca area. More time if traffic, even more time if taking scenic routes.
How about direct flight to Monterey Airport?
Marty
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Dec 7 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #89

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 3 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Do I only need to buy the $130.00 Gen Adm and 914 coral ? Does this include parking and admission for guest ?
+Quote Post
pisces914
post Dec 7 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 1,988

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 7 2014, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 3 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Do I only need to buy the $130.00 Gen Adm and 914 coral ? Does this include parking and admission for guest ?

from what i understand, that includes general admission for one and parking - the guest will need to get another general admission ticket, which will be $20 more at the event - hope this helps - bbk
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Dec 8 2014, 08:22 PM
Post #91

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

Got my order in today. I bought the 3-day pass with Porsche Corral, and also the Rev Limiter Zone passes. My computer sort of freaked out just as I was confirming the purchase, so I called in to be sure everything went through okay. The ticket agent told me there were only seven 914s signed up for the corral so far. She said they hadn't decided yet where the cars would be stationed ... it probably depends on how many of each model sign up for the corral.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 9 2014, 06:12 AM
Post #92

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 7 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Clay,
LAX by car to Monterey is approx. 8 hours up the 101 or 5, into Salinas/ Laguna Seca area. More time if traffic, even more time if taking scenic routes.
Marty

Marty,

8 hours is not what google maps said, but you live there and I don't so I will take your word for it.

Flights into Monterrey will be at a premium price, and there will be a high demand for rental cars too. If we fly into LA or SFO or Sacramento, that won't be as bad. And 8 hours driving is not a problem for us. Where I live, 8 hours driving gets you to Amarillo, which is 1/3 of the way to LA, and you don't even get out of the state. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 9 2014, 07:23 AM
Post #93

914 Wizard

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 9 2014, 04:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 7 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Clay,
Marty

Marty,

8 hours is not what google maps said, but you live there and I don't so I will take your word for it.

Flights into Monterrey will be at a premium price, and there will be a high demand for rental cars too. If we fly into LA or SFO or Sacramento, that won't be as bad. And 8 hours driving is not a problem for us. Where I live, 8 hours driving gets you to Amarillo, which is 1/3 of the way to LA, and you don't even get out of the state. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SJC OAK and SFO are all 90 minutes from Laguna Seca. If you want some scenic CA, LAX or BUR 6-7 hrs with traffic.

My plans aren't set yet, but I might be able to give you a lift in the diesel pusher. I will also have to figure out how to get the ABM or Dads car to the corral.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 9 2014, 07:26 AM
Post #94

914 Wizard

Check your confirmations!

I just saw that I'm signed up for passes and the 914 corral at the AMA motorcycle event. My camping site better be right though!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Dec 9 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #95

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

Would love to have a car there, but logistically getting from NC to there is impossible.
Guess we'll have to rent some econobox... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Dec 9 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #96

QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 9 2014, 10:01 AM) *

Would love to have a car there, but logistically getting from NC to there is impossible.
Guess we'll have to rent some econobox... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Wimp..... We did 2 cars over two days to get to YOUR event. It's only 39 hours and 2468 miles one way. Huey could do that easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Contact Slits... he will rent you a 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Dec 9 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #97

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

I don't see you driving to Rennsport Mr Perrine... And you're halfway there already!!

It's the time I don't have. The weekend before is Petit LeMans, the weekend befor that is Okteenerfest....
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Dec 9 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

We've flown into Monterey Airport several times. Fly into LAX and then a regional Jet into Monterey's airport (we passed directly over Laguna Seca on final approach).

However, we're planning on flying into the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose area directly from Chicago as it's not that long of a drive to Monterey from there.

We enjoyed driving around the Monterey area during the Parade in my 914-6, but I was lucky enough to have it shipped out and back for us. I don't think I'd want to make that drive anymore.
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Jan 1 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #99

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

Finally remembered to get my tickets, all set up with a 3 day admission and paddock, parking in the 914 corral. Now I just need to get the 3.2 in and running. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Alphaogre
post Jan 2 2015, 12:59 AM
Post #100

Member No.: 14,487

Got the tickets, large rv camp space off turn 9 and a back up hotel reservations as back up.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:23 AM