Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No overflow tank for fuel.
Downerman
post Oct 15 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,296
Region Association: None

You know this is why I hate email and sometimes posting in forums. My panties are not in a twist and I took no offense to the information being passed. Amused at why 12V is the voltage of choice but I respect that. I'm always grateful for ANY information that I get and I consider it honorable that so many people are willing to share. I have always thanked the people in my posts as I did somewhere above and I will say it again with no malice, ill will or aimed attitude at anyone. I apologize for coming across that way but once again, text rarely translates the true feelings of the person typing.

Thanks again, this post and my gas smell are a success in my eyes and I really appreciate everyones contributions.

Dave

HA!!! I admitted that my panties were not in a twist. After reading that it implies that I wear panties!!!! Oh well I guess it could be worse saying I'm going commando.

QUOTE(skeates @ Oct 15 2014, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Downerman @ Oct 15 2014, 05:34 PM) *

I know..... .57 was exactly (or near) what I was wanting because I don't think the original fan push was much either. I bet I don't even hear it. Yes, getting from 12V to 5V is super simple and yes I checked my favorite place (Digi-key) and no I did not like the 12V blowers I saw. To much flow, larger and I would bet noiser.

For the record, with everything in place except the tiny blower, I filled her up. Ran it through the tests... (Left turn sharp, left turn sweeper and hard aceleration and stops and guess what? Not one wiff of gasoline.

Man I don't get this 12V thing. taking a device that runs 4-5 volts from 12V is nothing more than a tiny voltage regulator. There's a zillion sizes, types and brands. Oh well, to each their own.

Dave

No need to get your panties in a twist. Sounds like you are going into this with eyes wide open and have considered your specifications. We are simply trying to offer some advice and point out possible pit-falls later you could run into. There are many ways to skin a cat and you are certainly correct that a simple voltage regulator would allow you to run that fan off of a 12 Volt source. Please let us know how things turn out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Oct 15 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #22

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Too late, we all know you wear panties now.
+Quote Post
skeates
post Oct 15 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,684
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Downerman @ Oct 15 2014, 06:10 PM) *

I apologize for coming across that way but once again, text rarely translates the true feelings of the person typing.

I get that. Text is pretty flat and it takes a lot more of it to convey ones true feelings/tone than a simple face to face conversation. I certainly share your sentiments regarding the appreciation of everyone's contributions.

QUOTE(Downerman @ Oct 15 2014, 06:10 PM) *

HA!!! I admitted that my panties were not in a twist. After reading that it implies that I wear panties!!!! Oh well I guess it could be worse saying I'm going commando.

So you're not gonna deny that you wear panties eh? Glad to hear of your success no matter your choice of undergarments! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:38 AM