Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking at making these w/ GB to follow Early licence plate light -(in bumper top), How would you prefer to get these?In production with options for LEDs
Early rear licence plate light
How would you prefere to buy
Lens only $12 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rubber and lens $18 [ 3 ] ** [5.56%]
Rubber, lens and electrical structure all assembled $28 [ 50 ] ** [92.59%]
Rubber only $6 [ 1 ] ** [1.85%]
Total Votes: 54
Guests cannot vote 
Mikey914
post Feb 11 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #41

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Got the rubber done, it was kind of a bit$h, but the Guts are left.

We are looking at 2 options.
1- OEM style with bayonet bulb
2-LED with choice of warm white (like the bulb), or the cool white (more LED looking white light)

Either way the cost for the internals will be slightly more than we expected. The OEM style will be $2.50 more than anticipated, and the LED will be $5, but will include the bulb.

As a further improvement we are looking at sealing the LED version and providing with just the 2 wires protruding to splice in. This will eliminate the issue with Vibration and corrosion should be minimized.

This is where we are at so far.

Note that in picture 4 the holes do not line up. We may have to make adaptor plates. I'm starting another thread to see what is know about these. I've only had one early car and it was some time ago, so I need some feedback on this.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 11 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #42

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm still in. 1 reg set, 1 led set. thanks!
+Quote Post
pgollender
post Feb 11 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,281
Region Association: Northern California

Mark, I was just re-conditioning my old ones on my '70, what a PIA !' Will need complete set for my '73. Why didn't you post last Friday, before I began ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) My time = $200/hour. Spent 1.25 hours... Coulda saved $150 of frustration.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Feb 11 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #44

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Paul, any pics would be appreciated, I'm trying to solve the mystery of holes. Do yours line up?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 11 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #45

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(pgollender @ Feb 11 2015, 11:13 PM) *

Mark, I was just re-conditioning my old ones on my '70, what a PIA !' Will need complete set for my '73. Why didn't you post last Friday, before I began ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) My time = $200/hour. Spent 1.25 hours... Coulda saved $150 of frustration.

Call me next time you need some work on your car. I only charge $100/hour so I can possibly save you thousands next time you have a big job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
pgollender
post Feb 11 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #46

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 11 2015, 08:23 PM) *

Paul, any pics would be appreciated, I'm trying to solve the mystery of holes. Do yours line up?

Mark the old lens dropped right into the old stock 1970 bumper holes, 65mm on center lens and bumper holes. Looked at the '73 and same measurements. The back of the electric chassis had some room to position within the 'receptacle' cavity in each of the '70 and '73
Attached Image I think because the old bumpers had that thin sheet metal plate you can put the screws in just about anywhere....if you push it a little. My '73 had two sets of holes on the left side, both were 65mm apart, but offset from each other about 2.5mm. I think the previous owner or mechanic just decided to punch in an extra set into fresh metal.
Dunno if that helps you or not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
pgollender
post Feb 11 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 11 2015, 08:36 PM) *

QUOTE(pgollender @ Feb 11 2015, 11:13 PM) *

Call me next time you need some work on your car. I only charge $100/hour so I can possibly save you thousands next time you have a big job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Pennsylvania labor @$100/hour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) = California labor @$200/hour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:54 PM