Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Road rage and 914's, Have you been abused lately?
mrholland2
post Oct 27 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,531
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(chandler1969 @ Oct 27 2014, 09:09 AM) *

This is what happens when someone says "I didnt see you". Really? You hit me coming off a side street

when the heck did it become "slug bug"? Its suppose to be punch buggy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

It was slug bug forever. Punch buggy is from a stupid movie: LILO and Stitch
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Oct 27 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 24 2014, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 24 2014, 08:47 AM) *

The ghia has the problem that everyone wants to drive next to it and take pictures, wave, point and smile at us. If I go to the Pike Market and park next thing I know is 10 Japanese tourists are standing around taking pictures, girls laying on it and giving the peace sign.

If I came out and found some girl laying on my car, I would ask her name. Then I would call the cops and have her arrested for vandalism. If the cops won't come, get her name and file a claim in small claims court. People like that have no idea that the rivets and zippers on their jeans can scratch an expensive paint job. I cringe every time I go to a car show and some moron lets his grubby fingered crotch dropping crawl all over a really nice car. Or the moron on his own. I watched one moron move the "don't touch" sign so he could open the door on a show car. The owner caught him, and went ballistic on him. His attitude was "What's the big deal?" The moron probably drives a beat up old camry and has no idea the amount of money and work it takes to create a nice car like that.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Ok.. I will get off my soapbox now.

The soapbox is a good thing! I've worked on a number of show cars and still, when I'm anywhere near a car on display I put both hands behind my back and peer in without the owner fearing I'm gonna do something stupid. I've gotten high fives from owners for respecting their rides- I don't mind doing it and hope it'll let others know to respect the work done.
+Quote Post
orangecrate
post Oct 27 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 16,394
Region Association: Southwest Region

I ride---- like I'm invisible. Generally because in less than 30 seconds--- I am!!! Gonna take a lot of $$$$ to make the teener move like my bike. So I will have to be particularly wary when I finally get it on the road. It seems very few people actually look where they are going. Inside a steel box off in La La land. Yes we teeners are low, and mine will be relatively slow as it's a stock 1.7. I'm not really looking to go real fast in it, I just don't want to slow down!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Oct 27 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #44

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 23 2014, 03:18 PM) *

I've had a 914 since I was 17 - I'm 48 now. SUV's, pick ups and minivans dominate the road now and it's even harder for people to see us. I take the same care in my 914 as when I ride my bike on the road. Assume they dont see you, dont care even when they do see you, are trying to hit you or are just stupid.

"See and be seen"
+Quote Post
damesandhotrods
post Oct 27 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 12,218
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 24 2014, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Oct 22 2014, 12:14 PM) *

I’ve spent 9 out of the past 10 years driving air cooled cars on a daily basis and I’ve never noticed the 914 being treated any different than any other small car. Now Beetles on the other hand are a different story…

Really? When I drove a bug, I would notice people yelling "slug-bug!" And punching each other, but they never seemed angry at me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Pedestrians, bicyclists, and skateboarders are not afraid of Beetles. They will jump in front of you without thinking twice. Even if you have eye contact they will still go right in front of you. The same thing happened with cars trucks and SUVs. Life improved drastically when I moved up to a Type 3.
+Quote Post
al weidman
post Oct 30 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #46

Al Weidman

Member No.: 8,736
Region Association: Northern California

I live in a rural area in No. Calif. and have a replica speedster, a bug, a VW bus and a 914 and always had people come over at a gas station parking lot or car show and tell me their dad had one or they have never seen one in real life. I have driven air cooled VW's and Porsche's since 1959 and it has been a great experience and have only suffered the "I didn't see you" in my 914 and it is always on the freeway. Still haven't been hit though. BTW my '75 just went home to Germany. The transporter said I wouldn't believe how many cars are going to Europe. He said there are hundreds every shipment. He was picking up another 914 and a VW bus on this trip. My American bidders just gave up and never reached his bid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:55 AM