Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1970 914/6, eBay
gcrotvik
post Oct 22 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-1970...=US_Cars_Trucks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Oct 22 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

"We regard our reputation very highly and customer satisfaction is our paramount concern"

Is anybody else tired of the Rusted Out POS's being Sold for Big Money

They are also Selling (?) this piece of Crap

Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 23 2014, 05:54 AM
Post #3

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Despite their ads, these guy are scumbags. A couple months ago I was at a customers house detailing his 356 before a car show when this tatted up, pork pie hat, gold chained, gold nugget ring ( yeah the whole nine yards ) comes walking in.

" WOW that's such a beautiful car...I'd love to buy it, how much do you want "

" It's not for sale "

" Oh come on that thing is gorgeous, everything has a price "

" We just finished restoring it and I haven't even driven it yet "

Me: how about 500,000 ?

" Yeah I'd let it go for that " ( laughingly )

" Oh I get ya, who did the restoration on it ? "

Scott here did.

" Oh wow man, great fucking work." ( in front of a guy he's
just met and is trying to buy car from ) Hey if you're in the business I'm always looking for cars to sell. Give me a ring some time "

Hands me a business card...yep Beverly Hills C.C. Now what you don't know yet, is the owners driveway is JUST wide enough between his and his neighbors house to squeeze the car through to get to the garage, which is offset from the side of the house. Oh and did I mention there is a 8 foot tall wooden gate at the backside f the house ? There is NO WAY this guy just happened to be out for a Saturday drive ( through a 25 MPH residential area) and just " HAPPENED " to notice the car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

And this was in Northern Va. so they have " scouts " all over apparently
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Oct 23 2014, 06:02 AM
Post #4

rust free you say ?

Oh and I found this a couple days ago. Punched an engine number into google to see if anyone was looking for it. The engine they claim is in this car....it's sitting in my shop, in a '66 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Not a bit of silver Krylon on the engine either

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1968-po...11l--c-1696.htm
+Quote Post
1TRICK6
post Oct 23 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,313
Region Association: Southern California

This was for sale last year on Samba.Attached Image
+Quote Post
davep
post Oct 23 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #6

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

+Quote Post
SixerJ
post Oct 24 2014, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 23 2014, 01:02 PM) *

Oh and I found this a couple days ago. Punched an engine number into google to see if anyone was looking for it. The engine they claim is in this car....it's sitting in my shop, in a '66 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Not a bit of silver Krylon on the engine either

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1968-po...11l--c-1696.htm

While your comment referrers to a 911, I firmly believe that we will see more and more of these kinds of scumbags moving in 914 circles, plus claims for all numbers matching, owned by some well know Porsche guy, genuine LE etc to bump the price and scam the unwary.

It happened to long nose 911's, good and in particular higher performance S & RS are now out of reach of the vast majority (I bought my S near on 18 years ago and regard myself as lucky). Short hoods are going, some gone the same way. It's happening to -6 and -4's will be next as people have realised that any 914 is a great, fun little car / the average guy tries to find something he can still afford

As prices rise, more and more cars will be worth restoring and more profit is potentially there to be had. Ok your average 914 is never going to reach 911S prices due to shear volume produced, but mark my words Porsche Classic will start to remake 914 specific parts because demand will be there

In the UK I could name a bunch of these types of assholes, including some of the super well known, well spoken, well dressed crowd

That is why sites like the World and the 'right kind of reprobates' that hang out here is so important (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif), sunshine is the best antiseptic
+Quote Post
geshaghi
post Oct 26 2014, 07:57 AM
Post #8

Porsche Addict

Member No.: 12,480

This 914-6 was a victim of Hurricane Sandy. I saw the car a little over a year ago in the former owner's garage in the Rockaways in NY. The former owner had several cars that were submerged at least up to the door tops or more in the storm. They all looked like they were well-loved and cared for before being flooded. I almost bought the car, but could not come to terms on price. It looks like some of the work has been done. Proceed with caution on this one.
+Quote Post
geshaghi
post Nov 1 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #9

Porsche Addict

Here are some photos of this car when I saw it a little over a year ago. I kind of regret not buying it now that I remember how much the original owner wanted for the car!
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
87m491
post Nov 1 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,731
Region Association: North East States

So they want $50k for a flood car with the wrong interior after swapping the Fuchs for steelies!? Nice.

QUOTE(geshaghi @ Nov 1 2014, 08:15 AM) *

Here are some photos of this car when I saw it a little over a year ago. I kind of regret not buying it now that I remember how much the original owner wanted for the car!
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Nov 2 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 11,134

Even though the seller states it has a clear title, one would have to assume this car was considered a total loss by the insurance carrier and it has a salvage title. George E., do you know if it has a salvage title?
+Quote Post
geshaghi
post Nov 2 2014, 02:43 PM
Post #12

Porsche Addict

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 2 2014, 01:13 PM) *

Even though the seller states it has a clear title, one would have to assume this cas was considered a total loss by the insurance carrier and it has a salvage title. George E., do you know if it has a salvage title?

The prior owner had at least ten cars in his collection (a few of them were visible in the photos), but as he explained to me, not all of them were registered and insured, so he bore the brunt of the loss for most of his car collection and no insurance company was involved. If I recall correctly, I ran the VIN on the 914-6 and a couple of other cars, and there was no record in the federal database for any of them and the title would presumably come back clean.

Part of the reason I passed on the car, however, was that he had no title in his possession. While his garage/shed survived the flood, his house was not so fortunate. Apparently, the home caught fire and burnt to the ground, and most of the title and registration documents were in the home and were lost in the fire and, despite the fact that he had owned the 914-6 for a few years, he never transferred the title to his name. While not impossible to get a title in this context, between the damage and the title issues, I decided to pass on the car. I kick myself know of course, because in hindsight the price was really cheap......
+Quote Post
puffinator
post Nov 3 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 16,218
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(geshaghi @ Nov 2 2014, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Nov 2 2014, 01:13 PM) *

Even though the seller states it has a clear title, one would have to assume this cas was considered a total loss by the insurance carrier and it has a salvage title. George E., do you know if it has a salvage title?

The prior owner had at least ten cars in his collection (a few of them were visible in the photos), but as he explained to me, not all of them were registered and insured, so he bore the brunt of the loss for most of his car collection and no insurance company was involved. If I recall correctly, I ran the VIN on the 914-6 and a couple of other cars, and there was no record in the federal database for any of them and the title would presumably come back clean.

Part of the reason I passed on the car, however, was that he had no title in his possession. While his garage/shed survived the flood, his house was not so fortunate. Apparently, the home caught fire and burnt to the ground, and most of the title and registration documents were in the home and were lost in the fire and, despite the fact that he had owned the 914-6 for a few years, he never transferred the title to his name. While not impossible to get a title in this context, between the damage and the title issues, I decided to pass on the car. I kick myself know of course, because in hindsight the price was really cheap......

I sent the seller the Samba ad link which noted the flood damage and the following was their response however they never updated the ad to mention flood damage.

Thank you so much for these details.
We were not informed of this when we purchased the car.
I thank you again.
All the best,
Sean Porrazzo

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 4 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #14

rust free you say ?

43,000.00 reserve not met. Makes you wonder what kind of price these clowns had on it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Kaeferfreund
post Jan 9 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 16,172
Region Association: Germany

New round on ebay hast just started:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-1970...=US_Cars_Trucks
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Jan 9 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263

I contacted the ebay seller questioning him about the apparent rust in both trunks and under carriage that you can see from the pics.

His reply was that the previous seller did not tell him that the car had been under water....although he admitted it certainly appeared so.

So this car was definitely under a bunch of salt water from that hurricane and who knows for how long?

Also he told me that the engine was seized and there was water staining visible on all the gauges.

To me all the electrics (lighting, switches, etc) including wiring need to be replaced, the body stripped down to bare metal and you start from square one with this car.
Many, many items on this car will need to be replaced in their entirety.
Unsure how easy this is to do on a 914-6 with some of their more rare parts?
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jan 10 2015, 07:58 AM
Post #17

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

That should be a $12K 914-6 .....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 10 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #18

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 10 2015, 08:58 AM) *

That should be a $12K 914-6 .....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) at best. I'd rather have a nice running 4 for 12k that I could drive than a rustbucket 6 that needs 100k of repair.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 10 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #19

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

The pictures in the auction are useless. Someone going to get screwed with no kisses with that car.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
banananose914
post Jan 10 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 16,681

Although I have a six, and I want them to be valuable, this auction is questionable. It looks like the same group of "bidders" as the last time it was listed. Can you say shilling? Caveat emptor. (buyer beware).
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:07 AM