Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Injector Hoses, Tried to search but times out
Allan
post Jan 30 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Anybody know where to get the little elbow hoses that go to the injectors? Checked PP and GPR but no listing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
RustyWa
post Feb 7 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #21

Working Member

Member No.: 72

QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 7 2005, 08:00 AM)
You can get proper (not OE but designed for FI/high pressure, dont' cut) at FLAPS.

You know what, I tried at my FLAPS and they looked at me like I was crazy asking for something different than the standard hose clamps. The line I got was "these will work just fine".

Luckily between the 2 motors I have I came up with enough to do one complete.

I got a box of 10 for around $2.50 from NAPA.
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Feb 7 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 366

High Performance House has the elbow gas hose, I just got four from them a while ago. They also stock the German hose clamps new. They look different than stock 914, they are gold color, and have no VW logo on them, I think they are the ones used ont he current Porsches. I elected to purchase some original 914 used clamps. Sorted thru them, cleaned them up, and all was well. HPH sold me the used ones.

The problem with standard clamps, that are serrated for the worm gear is that the serrations can tear the rubber.

For the regular high pressure line, 5/16 inch American hose works fine, so close to the 8 mm stock stuff you can't tell the difference in fit.

+Quote Post
mattillac
post Feb 7 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #23

robots!

Member No.: 3,020

QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 7 2005, 08:00 AM)
You can get proper (not OE but designed for FI/high pressure, dont' cut) at FLAPS.

You know what, I tried at my FLAPS and they looked at me like I was crazy asking for something different than the standard hose clamps. The line I got was "these will work just fine".

and the octane booster on aisle 5 will give you 15 more HP and make your "fiat" run like a NASCAR! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bs.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:36 AM