Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Anybody know where to get the little elbow hoses that go to the injectors? Checked PP and GPR but no listing.
Bleyseng
Porsche or AA
Rhodes71/914
Just use your regular fuel line and make them a little longer. Have to pull the fuel rails out of the way when putting the engine in but other than that it works fine.

Unless of course you want to spend the extra cash.
markb
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 30 2005, 06:57 PM)
Just use your regular fuel line and make them a little longer.

IPB Image
I just did the ones on the Black car & did exactly that.
newdeal2
Same here...but be careful not to kink them or get them jammed while installing the engine. I ended up pinching one and it leaked. IPB Image
Joe Bob
You will have to grind the brass bezels off and use the correct hose clamps top and bottom....
Rhodes71/914
Out of curiosity I checked AA, $13.20 EACH!
Allan
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 30 2005, 07:04 PM)
You will have to grind the brass bezels off and use hose clamps top and bottom....

The bezels have already been removed. PO must have replaced them at one time. Luckily they used the good fuel line clamps.

Thanks guys.
newdeal2
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 30 2005, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 30 2005, 07:04 PM)
You will have to grind the brass bezels off and use hose clamps top and bottom....

The bezels have already been removed. PO must have replaced them at one time. Luckily they used the good fuel line clamps.

Thanks guys.

BTW...make sure you check the clamps through out the system during break in. You don't want them leaking...anywhere! Spring for an in- line pressure gauge too. It will give you great results during tuning.
Mueller
I got mine from High Performance House in Redwood City...not sure why you never try there??? IPB Image

make sure you use the correct FI hose clamps, not the generic hose clamps sold at Kragens and such...
DJsRepS
A little longer works but you need the yellow fuel lines in a yellow car. (yellow heat shrink tubing over stock black lines)
DJsRepS
Mine are soo short they are straight.
DJsRepS
Just make the yellow lines longer!
RustyWa
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Feb 4 2005, 05:10 AM)
A little longer works but you need the yellow fuel lines in a yellow car. (yellow heat shrink tubing over stock black lines)

ohmy.gif You are going to catch crap for using those hose clamps!! biggrin.gif
martinef1963
Just wondering cause I'm going to change two of my injectors - because the fuel is pumped in their by "pressure" - what can be expected when you disconnect on of these hoses from let's say the FI rail?

thanks, the rookie (again).
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (RustyWa @ Feb 4 2005, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Feb 4 2005, 05:10 AM)

ohmy.gif You are going to catch crap for using those hose clamps!! biggrin.gif

Wouldn't be the first time!
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (martinef1963 @ Feb 4 2005, 12:45 PM)
Just wondering cause I'm going to change two of my injectors - because the fuel is pumped in their by "pressure" - what can be expected when you disconnect on of these hoses from let's say the FI rail?

thanks, the rookie (again).

The system can hold pressure for while, Just relieve the pressure at one point where you can catch the fuel in something, or wait 30 minutes after shuting the pump off.
DJsRepS
RustyWa... I have caught crap in fact I had my first one leak all over the top of the motor it was the cold start injector right beside the dist. Good place to leak gas. I went straight to Ricks VW in Sarasota Fl and he said they were fine just check them more often. I did not quite belive him with all that raw fuel all over my motor near the distributer. He said that is all he uses and cant help me get the OEM ones. I will have to check PP and see if they have a set. Im ready to switch now.
Porsche Rescue
You can get proper (not OE but designed for FI/high pressure, dont' cut) at FLAPS.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 7 2005, 08:00 AM)
You can get proper (not OE but designed for FI/high pressure, dont' cut) at FLAPS.

You know what, I tried at my FLAPS and they looked at me like I was crazy asking for something different than the standard hose clamps. The line I got was "these will work just fine".

Luckily between the 2 motors I have I came up with enough to do one complete.
RustyWa
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:50 AM)

You know what, I tried at my FLAPS and they looked at me like I was crazy asking for something different than the standard hose clamps. The line I got was "these will work just fine".

Luckily between the 2 motors I have I came up with enough to do one complete.

I got a box of 10 for around $2.50 from NAPA.
dmenche914
High Performance House has the elbow gas hose, I just got four from them a while ago. They also stock the German hose clamps new. They look different than stock 914, they are gold color, and have no VW logo on them, I think they are the ones used ont he current Porsches. I elected to purchase some original 914 used clamps. Sorted thru them, cleaned them up, and all was well. HPH sold me the used ones.

The problem with standard clamps, that are serrated for the worm gear is that the serrations can tear the rubber.

For the regular high pressure line, 5/16 inch American hose works fine, so close to the 8 mm stock stuff you can't tell the difference in fit.

mattillac
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:50 AM)

and the octane booster on aisle 5 will give you 15 more HP and make your "fiat" run like a NASCAR! bs.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.