Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need new brake pads, What do you guys recommend? any advice please...
nsr-jamie
post Nov 10 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #1

914 guy in Japan

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Hi, the time has come and I am in need of some new brake pads for my car all around...on the front I have a 911T front end complete with the calipers and the rear I am using the stock early 72 calipers with 914-6 rotors and hubs.

What I am hoping to know is what are the best brake pads to use? I have a set of NOS PBR pads sitting here for the rear but have heard some bad things about them. My rotors are stock 911 on the front and 914-6 on the back...my car has a good 150HP from its custom 2.2L engine...I use the car mostly as a weekend fun car as well as rare track days (once a year) and often drive it to work and back in all kinds of weather.

What do you guys recommend? Also who can I purchase from easily and have them ship to me here in Japan. Any advice would be great and also what to watch out for is appreciated.....thank you

Here is a pic of my 914 from a few weeks ago at a local show I entered it into...very rare here in Japan

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:26 AM