Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Ownership + Hip Replacement, Are they compatible?
john_f
post Nov 30 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,003
Region Association: None

I am due to have a hip replacement in 2 weeks time & I am concerned that I may not be able to manage entry & exit into the 914 cockpit after the op. I am told that I won't be able to drive any car for 6 weeks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I believe that the success rate for these operations is very high but there are some restrictions on what you can & cannot do afterwards e.g. crossing your legs or raising the knee above hip level, to name but two.
Are there any 914 owners who have had a hip replacement & are still able to gain entry & drive their pride & joy?

I am also concerned about my 914 during the period that I cannot drive her. At present, she has a 30 mile burn up around the South Devon lanes once a week (if its dry) before retiring to her detached, unheated garage - where she is wrapped up - until the next trip.
Whilst I will not be able to drive her or even climb in to start her up, is it best to get a third party to start her up once a week & run her to operating temperature or would it be better to remove the battery & leave her alone? For the next 4-5 months the UK will be cold & damp.

All comments gratefully received.
PS. Had a great run today with top off in the autumn sunshine - Dartmouth to Kingsbridge - returning on the coast road, hitting 70 mph on the Slapton straight. She's going to SCS Porsche in Honiton on Tuesday for her Christmas present - new CV joints.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:48 PM