Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early Factory Service Manuals, Has anyone seen these before?
budk
post Dec 1 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I know someone selling these manuals. They look different from the other sets I have seen since they have only 4 binders and the binders have both the Porsche and WV logo on them. I assume they are therefore early books. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 1 2014, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Incomplete? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 1 2014, 03:42 PM
Post #3

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

QUOTE(budk @ Dec 1 2014, 11:06 AM) *

I know someone selling these manuals. They look different from the other sets I have seen since they have only 4 binders and the binders have both the Porsche and WV logo on them. I assume they are therefore early books. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

Attached Image

Pretty sure that what you have is an early set of the manuals, without the supplements that were issued over time...which grew the set and added information for the later year cars. I suspect this set does not have the later year information like electrical schematics and later year updates beyond perhaps the issuance date of the manuals.

The last supplement I am aware of was from 1974 (which included information for the 1975 model year (the 1976 model year was identical to the 1975 model year. See this page which is from the last supplement, which indicates XVI as the last supplement. Do you have this page? If not, that set does not have the supplements. Which is OK if it still covers your car model year, if not, it will be of limited value.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
budk
post Dec 1 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 1 2014, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(budk @ Dec 1 2014, 11:06 AM) *

Attached Image

Pretty sure that what you have is an early set of the manuals, without the supplements that were issued over time...which grew the set and added information for the later year cars. I suspect this set does not have the later year information like electrical schematics and later year updates beyond perhaps the issuance date of the manuals.

The last supplement I am aware of was from 1974 (which included information for the 1975 model year (the 1976 model year was identical to the 1975 model year. See this page which is from the last supplement, which indicates XVI as the last supplement. Do you have this page? If not, that set does not have the supplements. Which is OK if it still covers your car model year, if not, it will be of limited value.

Thanks I don't have these in front of me but I remember seeing printed in 1971, so these appear to be just for the first couple of years. They are complete up until that point. Thanks for all the great info.
+Quote Post
fixer34
post Dec 1 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,908
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Depending on price, I might be interested in them if you don't want the set. I have a '70 /6, so being an early version without supplements is not a big deal.
+Quote Post
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
post Dec 1 2014, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,150
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It's missing the 2 volumes for the 914/6.

Edit: I see the 914/6 info is included in these...in my set I believe 2 volumes were dedicated to the 6.
+Quote Post
budk
post Dec 3 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #7

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

I finally got to look at these again, printed in Germany with dates from either 1969 or 1970 (not 71 like I had thought).

I assume these are the first year that they produced them.

+Quote Post
walterolin
post Dec 3 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,838
Region Association: South East States

I have a '70 and I would also be interested.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 05:11 PM