Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Factory Service Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budk
I know someone selling these manuals. They look different from the other sets I have seen since they have only 4 binders and the binders have both the Porsche and WV logo on them. I assume they are therefore early books. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Incomplete? confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(budk @ Dec 1 2014, 11:06 AM) *

I know someone selling these manuals. They look different from the other sets I have seen since they have only 4 binders and the binders have both the Porsche and WV logo on them. I assume they are therefore early books. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

Click to view attachment

Pretty sure that what you have is an early set of the manuals, without the supplements that were issued over time...which grew the set and added information for the later year cars. I suspect this set does not have the later year information like electrical schematics and later year updates beyond perhaps the issuance date of the manuals.

The last supplement I am aware of was from 1974 (which included information for the 1975 model year (the 1976 model year was identical to the 1975 model year. See this page which is from the last supplement, which indicates XVI as the last supplement. Do you have this page? If not, that set does not have the supplements. Which is OK if it still covers your car model year, if not, it will be of limited value.
budk
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 1 2014, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(budk @ Dec 1 2014, 11:06 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Pretty sure that what you have is an early set of the manuals, without the supplements that were issued over time...which grew the set and added information for the later year cars. I suspect this set does not have the later year information like electrical schematics and later year updates beyond perhaps the issuance date of the manuals.

The last supplement I am aware of was from 1974 (which included information for the 1975 model year (the 1976 model year was identical to the 1975 model year. See this page which is from the last supplement, which indicates XVI as the last supplement. Do you have this page? If not, that set does not have the supplements. Which is OK if it still covers your car model year, if not, it will be of limited value.

Thanks I don't have these in front of me but I remember seeing printed in 1971, so these appear to be just for the first couple of years. They are complete up until that point. Thanks for all the great info.
fixer34
Depending on price, I might be interested in them if you don't want the set. I have a '70 /6, so being an early version without supplements is not a big deal.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
It's missing the 2 volumes for the 914/6.

Edit: I see the 914/6 info is included in these...in my set I believe 2 volumes were dedicated to the 6.
budk
I finally got to look at these again, printed in Germany with dates from either 1969 or 1970 (not 71 like I had thought).

I assume these are the first year that they produced them.

walterolin
I have a '70 and I would also be interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.