Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Somebody really needs to check this one, 914 on Craigslist
boxstr
post Feb 6 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #101

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Well Good evening Boys and Girls. Well it has been an interesting weekend.
I spoke to the seller of the car in Tarzana, I told him I would be over at 10:30 am on Sat. Showed up and pulled into driveway, when my cell phone goe's off. Jim Chambers, informing me that the car I am looking at is now on ebay. Okay, that helps. I speak to the lady at the home , seller not there,emergency call to work. Says look at car. My wife is checking warranty books and registration slips in glove box. Calif car, no one of the same name as seller. A lady in Calif and one in Utah. Dealer service stops at 27939, in 1978, but the other registration slips stop at 1983 and 1984 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
27939 miles is what the seller claims are original mikes. It doesn''t add up.
Okay so a guy pulls up and says he is the Dad. Son is a sleep a few blocks away, he will be back at 1:00pm "go have lunch and he will call you ".
No pink slip available and no keys to start the car.This was not the situation where I was comfortable to leave $4200 cash and the car to be picked up this next Wednesday.
Car needed a complete exterior paint, and who knows what seals on the motor
I would like to thank Steve Hill from Las Vegas for the heads up phone call as well as Jim Chambers.
CCLINPDAPRESLANADLB
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 6 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #102

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the pictures sure make it look nice (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) and the discription differs greatly from the discussion here.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 09:30 AM