Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GoPro set ups, Where to install, what version, and tips and trickes
Woody
post Dec 12 2014, 07:22 AM
Post #21

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

I mount mine in different places depending on what I want to see. Sometimes I will mount it outside on one of the rear flares to see how close I am getting to the cones, sometimes I will mount it on the windshield looking down at the front of the car, I've also mounted the camera to my rear wing to get a view from the back. This is mounted to the rear glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbc90QwwRVE
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Dec 12 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I see your dash mounted pole dancer shows you which way to turn! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Dec 12 2014, 07:44 AM
Post #23

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

All of the video's I've taken over the past few years have been with an original GoPro Hero (you can see them on the website link below) Previously, I had used a Sony Handicam...you can certainly tell the difference! and...I saved the videos from the GoPro in much lower resolution than what the original was - 1 minute is something like 100MB of memory.!!!

In Huey, we use the suction cup mount allowing us to move it around. In Papa Smurf, we have a Motorsports clamp style mount (comes in the kit) that's clamped to the roll cage.

If you get an older GoPro, or GoPro 2, I sell a button that can be plugged into the back so you can turn it on 'remotely'. Its a wire connection - not bluetooth or anything like that - but it works very well and allows you to mount the camera anywhere and turn it on and off. I have one mounted in dash of both cars (I have one with an LED light too) I don't know if it works with the newer versions.
+Quote Post
Woody
post Dec 12 2014, 07:59 AM
Post #24

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 12 2014, 07:43 AM) *

I see your dash mounted pole dancer shows you which way to turn! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

She's great. Her name is Whortney.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Dec 12 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 12 2014, 05:44 AM) *

All of the video's I've taken over the past few years have been with an original GoPro Hero (you can see them on the website link below) Previously, I had used a Sony Handicam...you can certainly tell the difference! and...I saved the pictures from the GoPro in much lower resolution than what the original was - 1 minute is something like 100MB of memory.

In Huey, we use the suction cup mount allowing us to move it around. In Papa Smurf, we have a Motorsports clamp style mount (comes in the kit) that's clamped to the roll cage.

If you get an older GoPro, or GoPro 2, I sell a button that can be plugged into the back so you can turn it on 'remotely'. Its a wire connection - not bluetooth or anything like that - but it works very well and allows you to mount the camera anywhere and turn it on and off. I have one mounted in dash of both cars (I have one with an LED light too) I don't know if it works with the newer versions.

I like going this way...Attached Image
+Quote Post
ben*james
post Dec 13 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #26

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Looks like the later versions have Bluetooth sync with remote start stop while earlier versions need a button attached by a cord. A wealth of information here, as usual. Thanks everyone.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Dec 13 2014, 10:47 AM
Post #27

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

I have the earlier HD version. I usually have it on the rollcage, upside down, where the stock rear view mirror normally would be. I use 720p 60fps mode, center-weighted metering. I got the optional display back because aiming it without that or the newer version with wifi streaming is friggen impossible.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:28 PM