Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyonr beeen screwed by Parts Werks of Chicago?, Bird Board Group comlaint forming up...
Joe Bob
post Feb 3 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

partwerks

If anyone has had a mail order or ebay screwing by these guys....have at it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Feb 3 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

you hafta scroll down a bit to catch the salient portion:

this isn't just another "vent" thread, there is a link to the Illinois Attorney General and a complaint form.

i'd CC the US Attorney General (interstate issues) and the Federal Trade Commission although they probably have bigger fish to fry ...

i for one am close enough to a Cook County lockup when i watch Blues Brothers...

i recall having part of a thread on a "replica" (i.e. wrong, and not as advertised...) Behr cooler - but only on the advice side, never done business there. their rep had spread enough by the time i was ready to shop for Porsche parts ...
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 3 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Hey at least I got ya to page 2.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)

Too bad there are not other threads like that to hose some of the other unscrupulous part suppliers and car sellers out there. Wayne Krieger comes to mind....they been chasing him for years...
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 3 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Here is a post on the bird board about how to get vengance on PartWerks. Can't verify, only passing on what I hear.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....156#post1741156
+Quote Post
Markeydoo
post Feb 3 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #5

???

Member No.: 557

Here's the legal way to do something about getting a raw deal from Parts werks of Chicago
Mark
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....19&goto=newpost
+Quote Post
Rhodes71/914
post Feb 3 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #6

Glacier

Member No.: 2,482

Well I guess that makes a total of three separate threads regarding this.

You guys and the one mikez started.
+Quote Post
nickg
post Feb 3 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,652

well i guess it's time that i speak up here. I know jay well and have for may years. He is not bs'ing anyone here about his family problems. Jay's wife is very ill and is always in the hospital. This is a serious problem that she may die from. now I know that some of you don't care about that but i will also point out that at least one of the people posting on this thread is a real dickhead. he is the guy that can't be pleased, i know because i talked to Jay about him and his other rantings(funny that he only spent a few $ but acted like he bought the taj mahal...you know who you are doo you?). you know that some people can't be satisfied...no matter what you do. I can tell you that Jay is a great guy, but his big problem is that he has incompetent people working for him. as a result things get messed up. he can't keep up with it himself...and be able to be with his wife in case she dies....but some guys here seem to think that their 20-0r 30 is the end of the world. It is easy to *****, but i know that there are lots of guys that have used him in the past. everyone makes mistakes, everyone screws up. I think that suing him is not going to get you much, and it will only make his situation worse. I will gladly help anyone of you guys out the best i can to help you and jay out. no one needs to have do something stupid . He is in kentucky right now trying to get his wife in a clinical trial before she dies. because of that, you cannot get him and the phones are busy. he should be back middle of next week, pm me and I will try to straighten things out for you
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 3 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #8

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I'm sorry to hear that his wife is ill. The only problem I see is that based on previous history, this has been going on for quite a while.
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Feb 3 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

where? UofL?
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Feb 3 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #10

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

merged the three threads (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 3 2005, 10:17 PM
Post #11

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

thanks AAron.
+Quote Post
nickg
post Feb 3 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #12

there is no such thing as a "replica" Behr part. it is or it isn't. just because it doesn't look like what the other looks like doesn't mean it's fake...it may have been redesigned or improved...or more likely, produced in a different location
+Quote Post
nickg
post Feb 3 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 3 2005, 08:06 PM)
I'm sorry to hear that his wife is ill. The only problem I see is that based on previous history, this has been going on for quite a while.

as i said, he has a habit of having incometent help. most of all he has had dishonest help, who stole from him and his customers. this will change shortly, I have discussed this quite a lot with him. he fired everyone there. he is in ky and hopefully will get things straight...his wife has been sick for about 4 or 5 years and has really been bad the last 3 years. you almost have to think about how hard this is for him
+Quote Post
nickg
post Feb 3 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 3 2005, 08:12 PM)
where? UofL?

i think so.
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Feb 3 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #15

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Don't know Jay personally and I wish him and his wife the best, maybe he can turn things around. His reputation is trash as far as his business is concerned. Seems like a lot of porsche people are dissatisfied with the outcome of the business dealings with partwerks. Still I wish him the best....
+Quote Post
Always Looking
post Feb 3 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 3,246

I know how hard it is to mix business and personal life. I feel bad that this company/individual is getting a bad rap. I personally have no interaction with the company, but based on the above I feel for the guy. I am glad, however, that he has his priorities in order and hope him all the best.

+Quote Post
echocanyons
post Feb 3 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 7
Region Association: Central California

I spoke with jay personally on a couple of occasions near the time he outright ripped me off. It wasnt his "staff" who was incompetent in my case it was his blatent misrepresentation.

In my book he is a thief plain and simple

As for his personal problems thats too bad, but if that is truly the case then he should take care of his family and lay off his business, at least until he is actually able to conduct business.

Nick dont you get? it it's not just one or two people jay ripped off its hundreds if not thousands.
+Quote Post
larryp
post Feb 4 2005, 07:29 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 675

As for his personal problems thats too bad, but if that is truly the case then he should take care of his family and lay off his business, at least until he is actually able to conduct business.

Not many people can afford to close down a business for years to take care of family and still pay medical bills. Certainly not many Porsche boneyards.

I have dealt with Jay for years and he has always come through. He has made fewer mistakes than PP, in my experience. Getting stuff is far slower but you plainly know that by now. I have not met him but I consider him a friend of sorts, we always chat a bit on the phone. Does that happen at AJUSA or AA or PP or Perf Parts?

I don't know. It would be nice to let him get his life together and rebuild a reputation. For gods sake, the man is not a pariah. Give him some suppport, he wants to supply 914 parts. People aren't entering that business you know.

C'mon, where is the love?
+Quote Post
nickg
post Feb 4 2005, 08:39 AM
Post #19

you know it's funny. some times you onl hear the BAD things about shops. I understand and beleive me i do get it...but thousands? not hardly? how many porsche owners are there? it's too small a market first of all, secondly that is only your opinion. I will tell you that if uyou look hard enough, EVERY shop has some one who feels that they got ripped off. Funny because years ago Part werks was THE 914 place. But knowing that I can see why he gets a bad rap these days. he burns the candle on both ends. the amount of time that has passed with him having a dying wife has wiped the poor guy out. what would you have him do? close? then he can't make ends meet at all, now i am sure that if this was you in his situation, you may see it different. But to call him a theif is hardly true. Jay works a minimum of 100 hours a week...and that is in addition to taking his with to hospital 5 to 7 times a week...he has lost 40 lbs in the last 2 months alone(and he was not a fat guy). I don't expect you to care about his plight, because it is obvious that you value your $ more however much you may or may not have lost. but if you only knew the truth about what really goes on there, you would be less inclined to be angry. oh...if Jay really was a crook to you, i will throw this out...ever dealt with tweeks? i got hosed by them years ago and they seem to be a favorite of some guys.
+Quote Post
cnavarro
post Feb 4 2005, 09:49 AM
Post #20

Cylinder Guru

Member No.: 49

On a positive note, I've bought from them both in person and mail order a total of three times without any problems every time. All small dollar things though.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:15 AM