Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyonr beeen screwed by Parts Werks of Chicago?, Bird Board Group comlaint forming up...
skline
post Feb 4 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Well, the only bad experience I have had with them, is they double charged me for shipping. They told me they would make it up on my next purchase. I gave them that opportunity a week or so later and they didnt make good on it. So I have not bought anything from them since and wont. I take my business where it is appreciated and I get treated fairly. Other than that, the orders were correct and the parts were good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Feb 4 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #22

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

I bought a heater flapper box on Ebay from them a couple of years ago, before I had heard anything about them. I put in a max bid, and ended up winning the auction. It seemed strange to me because somebody kept bidding the auction up, to within 5 cents of my price then stopped, so I ended up paying my max bid for the item. It almost seemed like somebody from PartWerks was bidding it up, but I could be wrong. It was supposed to be for a passenger side flapper box, but I got a drivers side one. I figured it would be too much of a hassle to try and send it back, so I just flipped it, and used it. I ended up paying too much for it, I think, and the whole experience left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. After hearing other peoples stories, I won't be going back.

If Jay's wife is sick, that's too bad. It's not something I would wish upon anybody. But, if he's going to run a business, he should run it. He can't expect all of his customers to bare with him, especially if nobody knows whats going on. All the customers know is that they ordered parts, and didn't recieve them, or recieved the wrong ones, etc, etc.

I realize that it's very hard to seperate business life from personal life, and to some degree, it's fine to have the two interfere with each other. But when your business is suffering, you should take a step back, and see what can be done differently. If he is hiring new, more competent employees, that sounds like a step in the right direction. Time will tell.

As for customers only spending a few dollars, I didn't realize that the level of customer service one should expect is based on the amount of money one spends. Personally, if I'm dealing with a new business, I'll buy a few small parts first. If the service is good, I'll come back and make larger purchases. If I'm only spending $30, and I get treated like crap, I'm sure as hell not going to spend $3000 with that business in the future. It doens't matter how much money I spend, I always expect good service.

I hope that Jay's wife recovers, I wish Jay the best, and I hope he is able to get his act together and get the business back on track. But, until I hear different, I won't be dealing with PartWerks.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:29 PM