Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welding helmets, HF review
Bartlett 914
post Jan 2 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

OK I know this has been beat to death but I feel I have to bring it up again. I had a nice high dollar helmet that died. It had internal batteries that cannot be changed and one shorted. I fell for the low price HF helmet. It seemed to be OK and I did use it but I felt that I was getting "flashed". It just seemed to be a little slow. Well I was welding on my sons car replacing a panel. This requires lots of spots. Very short bursts. My eyes started seeing spots in the middle of my vision. Now I am welding in the dark. I purchased a Lincolin helmet. It has 4 sensors and several controls. The window is huge. I also used the "Cheater" lens. OMG what a difference. Helmet cost me 300.00 but I would go blind with the HF unit. In all fairness, there is a possibility the HF batteries are a little weak. I did put it in the sun for awhile. I am sure it could take more time for a full charge. There is no way to tell. The batteries cannot be changed or measured. The upside of this is my HF helmet makes for a nice grinding helmet by removing the lens
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:24 AM