Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 Porsche 918 with Weissach Package at 1/17/15 PCA Zone 8 Concours
Tom_T
post Jan 6 2015, 02:51 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

UPDATE - make that a 2015 Porsche 918 with Weissach Package!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Woody's post of the 2x 918's in his dealership reminded me to post this as a FYI for anyone who'll be in SoCal in a couple of weekends hence....

We also have a 918 entered in our PCA Zone 8 Concours at the Temecula Creek Inn on Saturday Jan. 17 2015
v
v

Attached Image

Come on out & (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) - but we may require a drool bucket within 10 feet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

- it's free to attend & park, but there are charges to enter the concours & for display only (non-judged) Porsche cars.

There are always a bunch of really nice SoCal Porsches from all eras & types entered at this & the other Zone 8 Region's Concours, & the Zone 8 schedule for all regions & events can be found at the link below.

For those interested in automotive design, come 4/26/15 the SGVR Concours held at Art Center School of Design in Pasadena, also includes an afternoon tour of the Automotive Design & other Studios, led by their Director of the Auto Design Dept. & SGVR member - Stewart Reed. He's both a Porsche & Westy fan BTW!

For only the cost of parking at Auto Club Speedway in Ontario CA (or entry fees for events) - 4/10-11-12/15 combines racing with the 4/11 Concours at the Festival of Speed. There are many other track, AX, CdE & other club events at the calendar below....

http://www.zone8.org/calendar.php

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I'll be on the judging teams & will try to wear one of my many 914 t-shirts or sweatshirts - or maybe my Cardinal (red) & Gold #9 Rugby jersey, & cardinal/gold USC ballcap - if anyone wants to look me up.

Cheers & Happy New Year All!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 6 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Nice car. And guess what? I've known the owner since the 90's! This is not a case where some guy with more money than talent may kill himself and perhaps others with too much car, he has serious amateur racing experience.
+Quote Post
Type 47
post Jan 6 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

What's better than two new 918's?

Three

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i139.photobucket.com-11790-1420601058.1.jpg)

The Weissach edition a cool 1.4 I'm told

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i139.photobucket.com-11790-1420601058.2.jpg)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 7 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #4

TMI....

That's probably the annual GDP of many small countries sitting in that shop! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Jan 7 2015, 02:43 AM
Post #5

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632
Region Association: South East States

Sorta looks like a Ferrari 360 nose with corvette headlights and an Audi R8 butt?
+Quote Post
tpines
post Jan 7 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,745

Does anyone know what time the Concours starts? Thanks!

Clark.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 7 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #7

TMI....

QUOTE(tpines @ Jan 7 2015, 10:17 AM) *

Does anyone know what time the Concours starts? Thanks!

Clark.

I've got an email in to the head judge to get the times Clark, which I'll post when I hear back. The event poster in my #1 post says it's an "Afternoon Event" again this year.

It's usually been a mid to late morning start of placement of CdE & display cars, with judging starting midday or early afternoon. Display cars tend to trickle in all day, but but most are there by check-in for CdE entrants.

Spectators can come & go all day, but the most number of cars will be there at the judging start or an hour before while entrants are prepping their cars, & thru judging time.

Until Later!
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 7 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #8

TMI....

OK - here's the info from the CdE registration site at the link below:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/zone-8...78#.VK2B58kYEx4

Anyone wishing to enter, note that the price goes up at midnight tomorrow Thursday 1/8/15 & registration ends on 1/17/15, so get busy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

It would be nice to see a bunch of 914s out there, but feel free to bring any Porsche!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/andy914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuchia914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grasshopper914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg)

<snipped>
Zone 8 Concours d' Elegance

In conjunction with the annual Zone 8 Banquet

January 17, 2015

First Concours of the 2015 season!

PCA - Zone 8
Saturday, January 17, 2015
Temecula Creek Inn, Temecula, California

Registration ends in 7 days on January 13, 2015 11:59 PM PST

Registration fees

All Concours Divisions - $40.00 until January 8

$50.00 after January 8

Display $30.00

Includes lunch

Additional lunches: $24.00

Event Schedule -
10 AM Car Placement Starts,
1:15 PM Judges meeting,
2 PM Judging Starts

Awards Ceremony during the Banquet (that evening)

<end snip>

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

For those wishing to attend the annual awards banquet covering all events (CdE + AX, club racing, etc.), click the top hotlink here:

http://zone8.motorsportreg.com/

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 7 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 6 2015, 05:56 PM) *
This is not a case where some guy with more money than talent may kill himself and perhaps others with too much car, he has serious amateur racing experience.

Funny you say that because if i recall correctly, the guy that killed himself and his passenger while driving the passengers car also had plenty of racing experience.

I don't think "racing experience" excludes people from making bad choices ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jan 7 2015, 06:10 PM
Post #10

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 7 2015, 02:26 PM) *

Funny you say that because if i recall correctly, the guy that killed himself and his passenger while driving the passengers car also had plenty of racing experience.

You are correct.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 7 2015, 02:26 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) totally...
+Quote Post
tpines
post Jan 7 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #11

Thanks so much Tom for the update! Assuming I make it I'll be sure to say hi!

Clark.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 7 2015, 10:25 PM
Post #12

TMI....

QUOTE(tpines @ Jan 7 2015, 07:58 PM) *

Thanks so much Tom for the update! Assuming I make it I'll be sure to say hi!

Clark.

Ask around with the judges, someone will find me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

OK & Clark, I see you have a 74 L80E/Beige 1.8, so I expect to see it there!

I may have seen your 914 on I5 at some point between OC & SD, as I "return home" often! (Uni HS `70)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Jan 7 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,782

A test ride in that would turn into grand theft auto
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Jan 8 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,889

Tom- Andy- Clark Etc. . . . . I'm registered. . . .
How about getting together a 914 table at the dinner ??
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 8 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #15

TMI....

QUOTE(toolguy @ Jan 8 2015, 12:15 PM) *

Tom- Andy- Clark Etc. . . . . I'm registered. . . .
How about getting together a 914 table at the dinner ??

Let me see if I can stay for dinner. As of now I was thinking of just going out there for the concours/judging day, but may be able to extend out to the evening if my wife doesn't have other plans.

But we should all have a 914ers huddle for lunch at least! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

One reason I like judging - even without a car to enter yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) - is that I get to crawl over, under & throughout some pretty cool Porsches like Dave's -6 & 918s & such.

Hopefully SoCal Andy will enter his fresh -6 resto!!?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

There are quite a few other very nice 914's local to this Zone 8 event that would be nice to see out there as well!

Ethan - now that you got wrote up in the big time magazines & are famous (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) - & I saw your pic with car in OCR's Pandamonium from the Dec. breakfast at Original Mike's ....
... So how about at least doing a display of your 914-6 conversion with some info on you publishing to impress all the tail-draggers & water-cooled crowd out there!!??
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Although I've yet to judge full concours at an event where Dave's pretty silver -6 was entered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (I did judge both Lakewood Eddie's Orange -6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) & the #11 -6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) before though), & have no idea who will be on the team judging the 918 Weissach!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

More 914ers!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
tpines
post Jan 8 2015, 05:47 PM
Post #16

I would love to Dave but I don't think I can get my wife to stay that long! I will pop by though and say hello.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 9 2015, 12:30 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 7 2015, 11:26 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Yep.

Years ago, someone asked me if I wanted to go for a ride around Hockenheim in a twin-turbocharged 996 with a very famous driver—a guy who is and always will be a far, far better driver than I am. But, as I watched him come onto the front straight totally sideways in a cloud of tire smoke, with the car's back bumper inches off the wall, I turned to my friend and said, respectfully, "No thank you."

I've come to the conclusion that I'm much more interested in a driver's temperament than his or her talent if I am going to entrust my life to him or her. I avoid riding with anyone who wants to "show me" at all costs. The ones who want to "share with" me are far more fun—and far safer—to be with. Your mileage may vary, as may your appetite for risk, but please choose wisely. Your life may depend on it—this coming from a guy who has driven several 918s in the wet and the dry. They are insanely fast. As in: They make Carrera GTs look like Gmünd coupes (which makes sense, as the 918 has 50% more horsepower and twice the torque, along with PDK, AWD, and electric torque). The good news is they are a lot easier to drive and have better systems. The bad news is trees, buildings, K-walls, etc. haven't advanced along with the 918—and you might meet them traveling far faster.

Okay, now I feel like an anti-fun jerk. To the OP: What cool photos. To everyone else: Go check out the 918...it really is the ultimate 914, and totally drool-worthy. It has its engine in the right place, and will light up all four tires at 70 mph on the freeway, even with the traction control on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 9 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #18

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

My backyard! Maybe I should bring the Suby 914. We could be a "Turd in the Porsche Punch Bow"l. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 9 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #19

TMI....

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 9 2015, 07:16 AM) *

My backyard! Maybe I should bring the Suby 914. We could be a "Turd in the Porsche Punch Bow"l. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Yes, I wondered if you'd come out!!?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Absolutely come & bring it out. IIRC some other Zone 8 shows had Suby-914's on display in the past, but the IIRC the drivetrain change makes is ineligible for the concours - except maybe under the "Special Category" for modified & track cars, one offs, etc.

If you want to enter the CdE, send me a PM & I'll check on the latter for you.

Also, it's free to come & just park to attend - unless the Temecula Creek Inn tries to get creative with revenue & tries to charge for parking (they didn't back in Nov. 2010 when our daughter was married there, but it's new ownership now I think).

Lastly - I found out that the 918 Weissach is actually in Display - not competing in the concours - so no chance for me to crawl over it as a judge! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Therefore - those teeners who choose to pay the $30 for display will park on the grounds at TCI in very good company! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

PS - And since it starts at 10 am for the cars coming in with an afternoon judging - you could actually do one of your Dawn Patrols up to Palomar or something, & then head on over.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 9 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #20

TMI....

REQUEST FOR A SEMI-OFFICIAL 914WORLD PHOTOGRAPHER -

Since I'm usually pretty busy with the judging stuff at these things, & I know Dave/toolguy will be busy prepping & primping his -6, as will any other entrants on here....

It would be great if someone or several folks coming out to this next weekend could volunteer to come out by 9:30 or 10 am when the cars start rolling in & stay thru judging to maybe 4 or 4:30 pm at least (or even attend the awards at the dinner that night) -

.... to take photos of the 918 & other entrants & display cars, world members attending, etc. & post them here.

Please also post them at my similar post on 914club too if you don't mind, or at least a link over to the pix on here, for them to see also (maybe ClubNARP, 914 SIG, etc. with links here too?).

Link to 914club topic FYI -
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=409527

I'm sure those far afield would really appreciate seeing the 918 & goings on at this event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

TIA to the volunteer(s)! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 07:30 AM