Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2015 Porsche 918 with Weissach Package at 1/17/15 PCA Zone 8 Concours
Tom_T
post Jan 17 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #21

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Just hours away! Both SoCal Andy & toolguy have entered their purdy 914-6's! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Hope to see other Teeners out there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tpines
post Jan 17 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,745

I am so bummed I couldn't get out there to meet you Tom! Had to show some properties but I'm sure you, Dave, and Andy should have a great time! Take care and see you at the next show.

Clark.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 17 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #23

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Finally they've succeeded in making the next 914!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jan 17 2015, 10:44 PM
Post #24

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 17 2015, 06:30 PM) *

I was teasing my friend today when he posted pics that someone brought a damned hybrid! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 18 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #25

TMI....

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2015, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 17 2015, 06:30 PM) *

I was teasing my friend today when he posted pics that someone brought a damned hybrid! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I did say HI to him for you Rob, & that: "NO....he can't buy your 914" Rob. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

He got a good laugh.

He & his son drove it out from Carlsbad - nice guy & nice kid!

A SDR AX guy was trying to talk him into bringing it out to their AX sometime, & he said: "Why not!?"

So you San Diego folks better start monitoring the SDR's AX at Qualcom Stadium, to see if/when he bring out the 918 to AX!!!!

I doubt he'd get out of 1st gear on a tight course like that!

The 918 looked "Bitchen"!!!! ...sounded great too roaring off, but eerily dead quiet in E-mode! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I'll upload & post some pix, when I can get the SD card from the camera.

In addition to the new for 2015 918 - there was also a new gold 2015 Macan S that was in Wash-n-Shine on the lawn. A great looking & superb handling car/cuv!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Andy (SoCal Andy) & Dave (toolguy) can post pix of their 70 914-6 sibs, since I was busy with judging stuff most of the afternoon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Dave took 1st in Class (914s) & Andy 2nd for this show & only out a tenth!!!

.... & Dave also won overall Full Concours over all comers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Andy - on his very first PCA Concours - did an outstanding job of last minute detailing of his undercarriage for Full C. - especially with it being the dirt showing yellow, while Dave's is a more forgiving black undercoating finish.

Always the gentleman - at the dinner that evening, Dave complimented Andy on his paint looking better than his own, & Andy returned the compliments in kind. They're both now working together on spare parts each other needs to swap - in true 914er spirit!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

After the judging was over, Andy was also giving "terror rides" up the canyon & back to all comers in his 3.0L twin-plug powered monster, & both Dave& then his date both came away from their respective rides with pie-eyes & big smiles!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

A Big Thanx to the 8-9+/- 914 owners from here who did turn out!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I tried to get to you all to personally thank you for supporting our Zone 8 event, but missed a few whom I didn't catch due to my judging duties (BTW & FYI you can come up to us while we're judging & chat a bit in between cars etc., just be patient as we do our duties).

I several comments from the Concours Chairs, Zone 8 Head Judge/Chair, event Head Judge (also a longtime serial 914-6 & /4 owner himself) & a bunch of judges & participants to the effect:

"Wow - there sure are a lot of 914s here today!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A Real BIG Thanx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) to them as follows:

#1 & #2 -
Andy & Dave of course, who entered their yellow (what else!!??) 914-6/GT Tribute & Silver 914-6 Narrow Body respectively. IIRC they're both past COTM's on here, as well as for Andy's prior `72 914/4 with 2056 (yellow of course). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

#3 -
Jim with his &3-74 L80E/Brown 2L - it's FS for those looking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
..... (my brain fart on his MY)

#4 -
Cuda911 & his lady with his Robin's Egg Blue/Aqua 74 1.8 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

#5 -
Ethan - I saw your 914/6-conv come in & leave, but couldn't get to you to thank you personally while I was judging, but asked Andy to send you by to say Hi.
So thank you for coming out & sharing that beauty! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

#6 -
There was also an Oly Blue/Black 73 2L (yes, it had a 74 rear bumper), which used to be owned by the event's head judge noted above, who sold it 20-25 years ago to the grandfather of it's current owner, who came by to say hi to the guy.
.... I don't know if the current owner/grandson is a member on here, so chime in if you are!!!!
.... & Thanx for coming out & especially for keeping the 914-fever in your family!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

#7 -
There was also a yellow 914/4 (I don't recall if it was a 1.7 or 1.8 or 2L) there.

.... I don't know if you're a member on here, so chime in if you are!! ...& Thanx!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

#8 -
There was also a red 914 (I don't know if it was a -6, 1.7, 1.8 or 2L) there which I saw drive in & later drive out, but didn't see where it parked. Andy saw it come & go too.

.... I don't know if you're a member on here, so chime in if you are!! ...& Thanx!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

#9 ?? -
I thought I saw a silver one come in for awhile, but never saw the owner. Andy says there wasn't & was hallucinating.... so I'm not sure!?

IF so - Thanx & chime in here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

If I missed anyone in a 914 or anything else, then feel free to chime in! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Upcoming fun heads-up.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Take a look at the exact dates for these other PCA Zone 8 events, which also have added interest for Teeners & car buffs in general.....

1 - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge6.gif)
Early April will have the Fri-Sun Festival of Speed Races at Auto Club Speedway in Ontario, with a Concours & some special model display on the Sat. (4/10-12 IIRC)

2 - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
Mid-April will feature the San Gabrial Valley Region's Concours at Art Center School of Design - with a tour of the Auto Design Studios & displays of Student work in the afternoon by the dept's. Director, who is also a SGVR member.
.... for those who don't know, Art Center is THE premier auto design program in the world, & most of the top cars which you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) & lust after were designed by their alumni, & the current students have most already done internships at the top auto makers!

3 - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
Late April will be the CA Inland Region's Concours at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita (up near Tragic ...errr... Magic Mountain), where several Teeners usually have 2-3+ 914s entered & few others over to look!

4 - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
In June will be the OC Region's Concours at Dana Point behind the Montage Resort, where we had two (2) twin Bumblebees side-by-side on display, as well as several racers & a couple of 550's, a Glockler-Porsche, a Porsche Tractor & a bunch of other cooool display & entered cars to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) over!

5 - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/FERG.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
For those looking to enter your 914s in any of the Zone 8 & it's 13 Regions' Concours.....

A - there will be a Concours Prep & Judging School (Sat am+afternoon) by the SGVR in mid-March (Probably at Rusnik or another dealer up there),

B - & a Concours Prep School march or April by San Diego Region at TC's Garage in Vista (hosted by Bev & Tom Gould - whose 911 Targa was the one singled out by Peter Porsche for his special award at the 2014 PCA Monterey CA Parade last year).

OK - I think I've used enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) 's now, so I'll close until later, when I can post pix of the 918.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 18 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #26

TMI....

OK, I just remembered that I also took some semi-crappy phone-cam pix of the 918 also, so here are a few to whet your appetites.

Many folks were elated that you could actually get up close enough to actually (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) on it, whereas all of the prior Porsche events have had it cordoned off or a glass fence around it, so this was truly an up-close-&-personal experience, just short of climbing in & riding in one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

The owner is in the green t-shirt in the first pic with his son in black shirt to left. The guy in the orange t-shirt is trying to talk him into bringing it to the SDR's AX at Qualcomm Stadium parking lot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Dave's & Andy's 914-6's are just beyond the silver 911S beyond the front of the 918 in the next pic. Sorry, but I didn't get pix of theirs, cuz I ran off to the judges meeting after these, but Andy got some & maybe my wife too (she's got the camera with her off somewhere else).

A few pix down is the L80E/Brown int. (Light Ivory or "white") 914 2L that is for sale off beyond & to the right of the 918's nose.

Enjoy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

.... continued next post .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 18 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #27

TMI....

.... continued from my last post .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

.... Okay, I'm dun! .... Well, for now anyway! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Others with pix of this event &/or 918s feel free to add them in here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Jan 18 2015, 08:52 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 12,889

Big thanks to Andy for an E ticket ride in his 3.2. . .very, very nice car, and Andy is a great enthusiast.
We displayed our cars next to each other and had a lot of fun throughout the day. . . . when the day was over, it sounded like Andy will be coming out to more Concour events. . .
The Concours was outstanding. In my 40+ years of these events, this was the best organized
and prepared show I've attended. . Weather was in the high 70's {Sorry you back east guys} and not
a cloud in the sky.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jan 18 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 17,376

Hey Tom, great meeting you in person there!

Ha, there were so many 914's that I was enjoying seeing and talking to the owners about, I never even got over to see the 918, even though it was only 50 feet away! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Andy, thanks for the canyon ride.... that's a bad-ass motor in your car!!! Now that's kicking up the teener fun-O-meter seriously!!!!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 18 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #30

TMI....

We'll get some pix of the 2 914-6's side by side on here somehow.

It was a great side-by-side comparo of narrow body mostly dead stock (with a few period correct accessories & tweaks on Dave's) - right next to a period correct & NOS build wide-body 914-6/GT factory racer clone/tribute (with a 3L twin-plug beast lurking under the mid-bay).

There was HUGE interest from both entrants & judges - as well as the spectators - in these two beautifully restored 914-6's!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jan 18 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #31

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

Had a great time and nice to meet David (Toolguy) his girlfriend and of course his -6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

I lost a few tenths and received 324 points out of 325. FYI, light dust on a shock can cost you a tenth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Thanks for the invite Tom and as promised "its your fault" It's a lot of work to prepare for full concour and helped me really get things dialed in on the car and if your wondering.... YES, I drove the 70 miles the morning of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Here's a few pics of David and my car on the lawn and a few other cars that stood out for me.

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jan 18 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #32

Its got to be Yellow!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jan 18 2015, 11:55 PM
Post #33

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Congrats to David and his beautiful -6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 19 2015, 01:02 PM
Post #34

TMI....

PS Andy - Guilty as charged!

... but then you can't go do the AACA's San Marino hoity-toity concours, & NOT do our local PCA concours! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hopefully this was a better experience for you, than the San Marino's BS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

FYI - this was the 911 Targa singled out at last year's 2014 Parade Concours by Peter Porsche for his special award at the event, as covered in Panorama.

The owners are Bev & Tom Gould who also own TC's Garage for Porsche parts in Vista CA (SoCal) & I think they may have a banner on here, or will soon as I remind them again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

.... Tom used to own Pelican, then sold it to his former employees when he "retired" - or something like that - & is also an ex-914 owner, so he knows our 914s pretty well & TC's has some Porsche & OEM parts at fair prices.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-10742-1421646751.jpg)
> A 200,000+ mile AX, Rally, TT, etc. car brought up to full concours standards in 2014, that Bev has always concours'ed in Street while doing the road events!

Andy - Thanx for posting these.

.... and if you did not get Brett's contact info at the banquet that night for additional "coaching" on tricks of the trade & how he preps his DD red 912 for full concours, then shoot me a PM or email & I'll send it to you.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 19 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

What company made the muffler on David's car? Very cool.

That's a real purty 914... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 19 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #36

TMI....

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 19 2015, 11:26 AM) *

IIRC it was "Dave's Shop" in El Cajon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

PM toolguy & ask him.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Jan 19 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 19 2015, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jan 19 2015, 11:26 AM) *

IIRC it was "Dave's Shop" in El Cajon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

PM toolguy & ask him.

Cool deal, and just did. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks!!

pete
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 19 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #38

TMI....

I think that's our member cuda911's 914 behind Dave in this pic.... & the others showing it.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-10742-1421646916.jpg)

The new 2015 Gold Macan is behind Andy's yellow -6 in the other pic....a great looking & handling Porsche car - which happens to be AWD with off-road & towing etc. capabilities!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-10742-1421646697.jpg)
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jan 19 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #39

Its got to be Yellow!!!

It is Cuda's

A few more pictures...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
balljoint
post Jan 19 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #40

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

Is that as close as you got to the 918 Tommy? No side view mirror selfie? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Not really the right venue for it, but it's not too hard to picture a 914 owner standing in front of that 918 in his underwears. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:54 PM