Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AA Seat Bolster Kits, Any experience.
pete000
post Jan 9 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

When ever the letters "AA" get posted the sparks fly.

They do take a lot of pounding online from unhappy customers year after year...!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Jan 9 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #22

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660

I am not a George basher.

I have visited AA twice while on business in Atlanta. The first time, he treated me like I was a door-to-door vacuum salesman and summarily dismissed me as if I were a pan-handler.

Not sure why I went a second time, but I did, and he was as gracious as can be. He called one of the warehouse guys and had him give me a guided tour of the premises, including his upstairs stash of un-obtanium stuff. I probably could have got in to see the cars as well, but I had a flight to catch, and it just didn't happen. If I recall correctly, it is a little cumbersome getting down into his "display area".

Bottom line, I buy from AA on occasion because there are some parts that are not carried elsewhere. However, I have found the prices and customer service to be far superior from the likes of 914rubber.com, GPR, pelican, tangerine, etc.

If you go to the member-vendor section here, you will find a lot of great people to deal with who share your same passion.

Give Mark (mikey914 / 914rubber.com) a little time, and I am certain that he will come through for you on brown bolsters.
+Quote Post
jack20
post Jan 10 2015, 12:42 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,099
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 9 2015, 09:58 PM) *

I am not a George basher.

I have visited AA twice while on business in Atlanta. The first time, he treated me like I was a door-to-door vacuum salesman and summarily dismissed me as if I were a pan-handler.

Not sure why I went a second time, but I did, and he was as gracious as can be. He called one of the warehouse guys and had him give me a guided tour of the premises, including his upstairs stash of un-obtanium stuff. I probably could have got in to see the cars as well, but I had a flight to catch, and it just didn't happen. If I recall correctly, it is a little cumbersome getting down into his "display area".

Bottom line, I buy from AA on occasion because there are some parts that are not carried elsewhere. However, I have found the prices and customer service to be far superior from the likes of 914rubber.com, GPR, pelican, tangerine, etc.

If you go to the member-vendor section here, you will find a lot of great people to deal with who share your same passion.

Give Mark (mikey914 / 914rubber.com) a little time, and I am certain that he will come through for you on brown bolsters.

I started this thread and I thank everyone for responding.
I'm a newbie so when I got my car two months ago I did some research and started buying parts. I had no knowledge of AAs reputation. I placed orders from PP, AA and Mark. When Mark received my first order he called, asked about my project, welcomed me into the community and gave me his cell number. Impressed? What do you think?
I posted a thread about black rivets and Mark was selling them on his site in 2 hours.
I posted this current thread about brown bolster kits. He's already working on it.

PP. great customer support and very helpful website. It's my choice for parts I can't get from Mark.

AA. They have lots of parts...

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 10 2015, 08:41 AM
Post #24

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Thanks,
I have some samples that should be here Monday or Tuesday and hopefully have this matched up.
I'll post as soon as I have it.
-Mark
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Jan 10 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,920

Mark
sounds like you have a bunch of interest in the brown interior. Don't forget about me either (brown with the green plaid)
Jim
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 10 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #26

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Early and late brown vinyl have different textures. Not extreme but noticeable.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jan 24 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #27

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

It took me longer that I would have liked, but I did get the correct vinyl. The texture is correct and the color is as close as you can get. This one was particularly difficult in that the brown has some tan undertones.

You can see the same tan in the basket weave if you look at the texture in the individual weave sections. The right is lighter and matches the vinyl, with the left being darker. This is mirrored in both vinyls.

I had to bring it into direct sunlight (yes we do get this in Oregon every once and awhile), to really get a good look at it as initially, it didn't look as close with the different texture.

I have both materials inbound and will be working on these in the next week.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jan 24 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

I bought something last year when I didn't know who AA was and I had a shipping issue (surprise?) with my order. The other day, I bought something on eBay that no one else has and it barred me from buying. (If you complain, you get black-balled) So, I called them about the issue and they were actually rally nice about it. My parts came i two days and it was a pretty easy deal.
+Quote Post
jeeperjohn56
post Jan 25 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 6,407

I have bought two full sets and have not had a problem, has saved a lot of time warm up the bolster piece to soften and will go on easier. John
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Jan 25 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 9 2015, 08:25 AM) *

Actually, I live 120 miles from Marietta! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Never been to AA in person.

That's funny Yahoo maps says Clayton, GA it is only 38 miles from Marietta. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:29 PM