Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heater fan lever, What is the contact path?
steuspeed
post Jan 9 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,308
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So the grounding wire from the relay connects to the plastic part with the contact nub on it. When you pull the lever the nub contacts the lever. the lever is isolated by two plastic discs. Does the ground go through the bolt that holds the whole assembly together? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jan 9 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I think I recall that is how it grounds.

--DD
+Quote Post
steuspeed
post Mar 25 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #3

My heater fan was still intermittent after I took it apart. As near as I can tell, the circuit grounds when these two surfaces make contact. I can see a tiny spark when they touch, and relay 55 switches to run the heater fan. Can anyone confirm this is how it is supposed to work? I polished the surfaces with my dremel wire brush attachment. It seemed to help, but it does not take much movement for it not to work. Any comments, suggestions or help appreciated.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
theleschyouknow
post Mar 25 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,967
Region Association: None

can't help with the electrical side
so it's either 1 or 0/on or off, huh? when I get too warm I move the lever halfway down I guess it's only psychosomatically that I feel like this cuts the heat factor in half - isn't the human brain awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
steuspeed
post Mar 25 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Mar 25 2015, 06:00 PM) *

so it's either 1 or 0/on or off, huh? when I get too warm I move the lever halfway down I guess it's only psychosomatically that I feel like this cuts the heat factor in half - isn't the human brain awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That would be fan off and heat exchange flapper valves half open.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Mar 25 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #6

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 25 2015, 05:53 PM) *

My heater fan was still intermittent after I took it apart. As near as I can tell, the circuit grounds when these two surfaces make contact. I can see a tiny spark when they touch, and relay 55 switches to run the heater fan. Can anyone confirm this is how it is supposed to work? I polished the surfaces with my dremel wire brush attachment. It seemed to help, but it does not take much movement for it not to work. Any comments, suggestions or help appreciated.

You are correct with the contact on the handle. I had such a problem that I ended up running an extra wire to complete the circuit. I just couldn't get the handle itself to make the contact.
+Quote Post
theleschyouknow
post Mar 25 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,967

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 25 2015, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Mar 25 2015, 06:00 PM) *

That would be fan off and heat exchange flapper valves half open.

ah so. makes perfect sense now that you explained it to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
steuspeed
post Mar 25 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 25 2015, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 25 2015, 05:53 PM) *

You are correct with the contact on the handle. I had such a problem that I ended up running an extra wire to complete the circuit. I just couldn't get the handle itself to make the contact.

It's hard to believe this is the circuit design when the nub and swiper plate part make much more sense. You would think there would be another nub contacting another plate as the lever was moved.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:22 PM