Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Reattach metal brake line (barb end) to plastic master cylinder brake line?, Can it be done and how?
BRAVE_HELIOS
post Jan 11 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #1

"Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens"

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,920
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

During a master cylinder replacement, I kinked one of the plastic lines that go from the reservoir to the m.c.... just above the metal part of the line (just above the barb). I cut the plastic line just above the kink and have been trying to reattach it. Did it once (think I damaged the plastic line) and started leaking from that area. Took it all a part again, cut the plastic line and will try one more time.

Has anyone done this before? Is there a secret to attaching the metal line to the plastic line?

My last attempt will include putting the metal line in the freezer for a while and heating up the plastic line with a hair dryer (heat gun).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:28 PM