Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reattach metal brake line (barb end) to plastic master cylinder brake line?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BRAVE_HELIOS
During a master cylinder replacement, I kinked one of the plastic lines that go from the reservoir to the m.c.... just above the metal part of the line (just above the barb). I cut the plastic line just above the kink and have been trying to reattach it. Did it once (think I damaged the plastic line) and started leaking from that area. Took it all a part again, cut the plastic line and will try one more time.

Has anyone done this before? Is there a secret to attaching the metal line to the plastic line?

My last attempt will include putting the metal line in the freezer for a while and heating up the plastic line with a hair dryer (heat gun).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
mepstein
Pmbperformance sells a plastic line kit.
bdstone914
Try putting both of them in boiling water. Freezing the metal part will only cool the line and make it stiffer when you try to insert it.
colingreene
id really encourage you to just buy new ones.
mgp4591
So would Eric... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.