Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 914-6 on Ebay
rhodyguy
post Mar 9 2015, 10:48 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Interesting. Btw, if that car was brought to washington the buyer would incur nearly $10k in sales tax with a honest sales receipt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Mar 19 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

What does this rant have to do with this thread?

As Dave mentioned, it has everything to do with this thread. I went along with an interested buyer, whom had a deposit on the car. It was essentially a done deal. The only thing pending was a mechanical PPI, which I suggested to the buyer.
Upon arrival, the owner stated he didn't have much time and that we were 30 minutes late. So here he is, unwilling to accommodate someone willing to spent close to 100k on a car whom just drove 2+ hours to come and inspect it.
Mind you, this was after his little charade of scheduling appointments to show the car, then cancelling at the last minute over the course of several weeks.
The buyer had a few words with him as we were parked in his driveway, and we were allowed a short window to go over the car. I pointed out a number of flaws to the buyer. All of which were all correctable. I'd estimate $4.5K without labor to bring it closer to the advertised "better than new" condition.
IMHO, a 914-6 at that price should be in need of nothing. I also want to mention none of the documentation or records were made available to review.
Prior to concluding our inspection, we asked if he could start the car so we could see how it runs. After several cranking attempts, it billowed smoke, and would not stay running.
We all agreed on a mutual mechanic to come over and inspect the car. The seller said he was going to have the carbs rebuilt, and then the mechanical PPI could be conducted. He estimated between 3 and 4 weeks.
The buyer offered a bank check to close the deal. The owner would not accept it. Instead, the next day the deposit was refunded without reason. The car was back on Ebay, at an even higher buy it now price than the first time.
The buyer, whom thought this deal was concluded, contacted the seller. The seller wanted even more money for the car, and a non refundable deposit this time.
After a new agreement was reached, the owner , gave nothing but excuses and double talk over the course of the following week as to why the scheduled mechanical PPIs had to be continually postponed. Once again, he refunded the deposit and relisted the car at yet an even higher buy it now price.
Now twice without notice, he refunded the deposits, only to relist on Ebay at a higher prices.
Honestly, I doubt it sold. I doubt the carbs were repaired. He was only phishing to see how much he could get for it. I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.
The car's description was certainly embellished. Very nice? Absolutely. Better than factory? Not the way it sat. Certainly not in concours ready condition.
I thought about posting my two page assessment, but I'd rather not give the owner a check list to go off of. Only to fix, relist again at yet an even higher price. As far as I'm concerned, he can figure it out for himself.
I hope that helps to substantiate Dave's claims on this guys character.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 20 2015, 06:50 AM
Post #23

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Wow, what a shame that people can't be standup business people and just do the right thing. I would be upset if I were jerked around like that over a purchase. You either want to sell a car or you don't. I hope ultimately this car finds a great home and is well cared for.
+Quote Post
HaraPuzo
post Mar 20 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 18,187
Region Association: Canada

wow, I agree with Cairo94507 regarding tod914 and his statements. sounds like a difficult seller to say the least. I don't have enough money to buy a 100K 914-6, I don't even own an entry level 914-4...yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
but hearing stories such as these doesn't sit too well.
If I were to make a 914 purchase and had a PPI come to help access the vehicle only to meet a seller like this I'd walk away. there are other cars out there!
thanks for the informative threads
+Quote Post
Kaeferfreund
post Mar 20 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 16,172
Region Association: Germany

...that underlines the impression of dave29, unfortunately!
+Quote Post
raynekat
post Mar 20 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I also had interactions with this seller concerning this car.
I was never comfortable.
His responses to my inquiries were always cryptic.
In fact, I was running for the fences after the few emails I had with him.

Sometimes.....if it feels wrong, it really is.

The car is nice, no doubt.
But not as nice as the owner would lead you to believe.
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Mar 25 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

This is one of those guys for whom the old adage is absolutely true.
"How do you know when he's lying ? .... whenever his lips are moving"
Beware
I have this opinion from personal contact with him. I was a prospect for a one of the cars.
Tod has the opinion from in person contact with him, about the green car.
Another person from this site, dave29, from Colorado has already expressed his impressions here.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 11:03 PM