Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Garage Toys, long overdue
76-914
post Jan 19 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I finally retired my old HF Bench top drill press. Long overdue.. It's built furniture, odds n ends, a few auto mods and an airplane. Purchased in 1990 and running until I unplugged it...............

Attached Image

and replaced it with his Big Brother. The new one is 1hp, 3/4", 16spd with low speeds starting at 200 rpm. It's nice when bits cut instead of chip at the metal. I can clamp pieces down instead of holding them by hand. I still watch pieces fly across the room but my hand ain't down there when it happens. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

But this, this has changed me. Or at least my welding skills. Having owned a HF model for 4 years I was transformed when using the Miller. First thing I found is that I don't need a spot light to illuminate the area I am welding. The lens is clear glass until a spark. Not a dark shade until a spark! Plus I don't need to get within inches of the weld to see/watch my weld. I swear, between the flood light and placing my eyebrows within an inch of the arc, I though it was my vision. What a difference. Now if I can only figure out why a $150 helmet out performs a $39 helmet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:58 AM