Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold: 901 Core Gearbox in a Bag, Wear Parts Rebuild Set
Amenson
post Jan 21 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #1

That's opposite lock!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,154
Region Association: None

Those of you following my build thread know that some terrible, terrible, person gave me a great deal on a late model Suby 5mt just as I had acquired a load of parts to build 2 really fresh 901’s for the Porsti. I tried to resist installing the Suby trans but peer pressure put me over the edge so I now have a bunch of really nice parts that I no longer need.
What I am offering here is, as the title states, a core transmission without the hassle of actually having to track down, ship, and disassemble enough transmissions to put together a complete set of really fresh wear parts.
What is included are 5 syncro bands, 5 dog teeth (with a real first), and the 3 sliders. All of the parts are in excellent condition except for the first gear slider. I have the great pleasure of having Dr. Evil in my area so when I went to meet him I had him look at the first gear slider because it is worn a bit. I was having problems with first gear in the box that it came out of and I was curious if the slider was the problem. He did not think that it was worn that badly and not enough to have caused shifting issues. I tried to take pictures accurately represent the conditions of the parts. If you need more or want to inspect them in person, just let me know.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
If you need to replace any other parts in your gearbox I will include any addition items that will fit in a medium USPS flat rate shipping box. Just let me know what other parts are needed.

Attached Image

It took me a while to figure out what to charge for this. So I will share my rational and you can decide if it is reasonable. To buy the parts new would be stupid expensive so I based it on core prices. A core can be bought for $150-200ish, maybe more. Unless you are lucky it will not be local and need to be shipped. From what I can tell a trans can be shipped for just under $100 on Greyhound. Now you have a trans which could be full of usable parts or it could be used up. Add a bit for hassle/risk and I come up with…

$300 shipped

Paypal preferred.

Cheers,
Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amenson
post Jan 29 2015, 06:21 AM
Post #2

That's opposite lock!!

Member No.: 4,154
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 11 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #3

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, for 5 sets of teeth, 2 x 2/5 sliders, 1x 1/R Slider, and 5 rings, you only pay $300. I'll tell you right now that that is a good deal. However, most only need a few bits so you may end up parting the set. Still, a good deal as for $300 you would basically be getting a lot of it for free if you were buying from me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
two-strokejohn
post Feb 11 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,793
Region Association: North East States

PM sent
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:51 PM