Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold: 901 Core Gearbox in a Bag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Amenson
Those of you following my build thread know that some terrible, terrible, person gave me a great deal on a late model Suby 5mt just as I had acquired a load of parts to build 2 really fresh 901’s for the Porsti. I tried to resist installing the Suby trans but peer pressure put me over the edge so I now have a bunch of really nice parts that I no longer need.
What I am offering here is, as the title states, a core transmission without the hassle of actually having to track down, ship, and disassemble enough transmissions to put together a complete set of really fresh wear parts.
What is included are 5 syncro bands, 5 dog teeth (with a real first), and the 3 sliders. All of the parts are in excellent condition except for the first gear slider. I have the great pleasure of having Dr. Evil in my area so when I went to meet him I had him look at the first gear slider because it is worn a bit. I was having problems with first gear in the box that it came out of and I was curious if the slider was the problem. He did not think that it was worn that badly and not enough to have caused shifting issues. I tried to take pictures accurately represent the conditions of the parts. If you need more or want to inspect them in person, just let me know.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
If you need to replace any other parts in your gearbox I will include any addition items that will fit in a medium USPS flat rate shipping box. Just let me know what other parts are needed.

Click to view attachment

It took me a while to figure out what to charge for this. So I will share my rational and you can decide if it is reasonable. To buy the parts new would be stupid expensive so I based it on core prices. A core can be bought for $150-200ish, maybe more. Unless you are lucky it will not be local and need to be shipped. From what I can tell a trans can be shipped for just under $100 on Greyhound. Now you have a trans which could be full of usable parts or it could be used up. Add a bit for hassle/risk and I come up with…

$300 shipped

Paypal preferred.

Cheers,
Scott
Amenson
icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
So, for 5 sets of teeth, 2 x 2/5 sliders, 1x 1/R Slider, and 5 rings, you only pay $300. I'll tell you right now that that is a good deal. However, most only need a few bits so you may end up parting the set. Still, a good deal as for $300 you would basically be getting a lot of it for free if you were buying from me smile.gif
two-strokejohn
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.