Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 Porsche 914, Single Mother's dream car
nigolusa
post Jan 22 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #1

nigolusa

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 9,737
Region Association: Southern California

Trying to help a single mother who is being badly ripped off by "Strictly German" in Pasadena CA. They have had her car for over 6 months and nothing has been done. Her budget was $800 when she brought the car in.

What makes this a horrific story is that she is a single mother with three sons. First son suffers from severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and is legally blind. Second son suffers from epilepsy with nocturnal seizures. Third son is ok. This car was their only mode of transportation and would have been used for groceries, etc.. They do not have a car and must take buses and walk.

She is a brilliant sculptor and is barely making ends meet. The only wish she has is to have her 1975 Porsche 914 repaired and running.

Her story is truly compelling, and deserves to be made into a film. I can't tell you how many times her Hemophiliac son has cheated death. Just incredible story.

Her name is Jessica and her sons are Leonardo, Brian and Vance. They live in Arcadia, CA.

If there is anybody in the 914 community that can help or offer some sort of lead to fix Jessica's car, please contact me.

My name is Nick and I can be reached via email at: nigolusa@icloud.com, or my cell number (626) 979-4230.

I am a family friend and have sacrificed so much for them. The 914 is a dream I cannot fulfill since I am unemployed.

Thanks all for your help and resources.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 22 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Do you have any info on the car of what it's doing or not doing? I would love to help, and I'm sure others on this board as well. If this is low budget and you wouldn't mind getting your hands dirty, we can most likely walk you through most repairs.
+Quote Post
funk
post Jan 22 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,531
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a friend who I think still lives in Mendocino.He is an old VW fan from way back.I know he can do about anything on air cooled motors.I don't think he has his own shop but probably access to one by now. He may be in the book his name is Jeremy Stevers.If you are really hard up you can probably find an Erin Stevers his sister or most any stevers in the area. Last I knew he lived in the ten mile area on the lost coast!! I hope you can find him. he is A kind friend!! Probably tuner right up for a solid?just tell him you heard about him from jo funk in Sandpoint Idaho!!Peace!!
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jan 23 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #4

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Heh--Mendocino is a loooong way away from Pasadena. Something like 8 hours' drive, or more.

Any idea what needs to be done to the car?

--DD
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 23 2015, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

That's scary! Will they release it w/o a shit storm? Most newbies are diagnosing their own cars within 6 month's. Very surprising that a "real mechanic" would struggle. If it's not a "hard part" or internal to engine we can have her going in a jiffy. What was the original problem? Stock? Year? Engine size?
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jan 23 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #6

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 05:06 PM) *

That's scary! Will they release it w/o a shit storm? Most newbies are diagnosing their own cars within 6 month's. Very surprising that a "real mechanic" would struggle. If it's not a "hard part" or internal to engine we can have her going in a jiffy. What was the original problem? Stock? Year? Engine size?

Even if it's engine I imagine someone has a 1.7 kicking around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
I really hope she can get it back and going. I would get it out of there PDQ.

I hate to say this, but this is not the car for a person that either can not turn their own wrenches or pay to have it fixed.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #7

nigolusa

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 02:06 PM) *

It's some kind of electrical problem he can't fix. Now 6 months later he tells her why don't we do away with the fuel injection and put a carb on it. This guy is dicking her around hoping she will give up and sell it to him for $500 so he can put a 6 banger and sell it for $15,000. He's a real pig that guy. Makes me feel sick that he is part of the Armenian race.

The car has electrical issues, needs a new clutch reviewed that has been put in. Needs some shifting linkage and transmission checked out. It is a great car and her only joy left in her life apart from her kids.

I'm sure she should would gladly have it shipped to somebody who is willing to work on it and her budget is around $1,000. Also, there are some parts left over.

Let me know, if you would be interested depending on your expertise.

Thanks so much
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jan 23 2015, 04:22 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Anyone is planning to have a day of garage work help for the family to fix the car? If need an engine, I may be willing to share my spare engine (1.7 but looks like a rebuilt engine mix with bus and 914 parts). And maybe some parts than I can share also. And my labor if we can have a day of garage work for them. And my other suggestion for the family "although it's mother's dream car" is to trade it to a 4 or 5 seater car that will be practical for the family!

God bless this family!
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #9

nigolusa

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 02:06 PM) *

It's some kind of electrical problem he can't fix. Now 6 months later he tells her why don't we do away with the fuel injection and put a carb on it. This guy is dicking her around hoping she will give up and sell it to him for $500 so he can put a 6 banger and sell it for $15,000. He's a real pig that guy. Makes me feel sick that he is part of the Armenian race.

The car has electrical issues, needs a new clutch reviewed that has been put in. Needs some shifting linkage and transmission checked out. It is a great car and her only joy left in her life apart from her kids.

I'm sure she should would gladly have it shipped to somebody who is willing to work on it and her budget is around $1,000. Also, there are some parts left over.

Let me know, if you would be interested depending on your expertise.

Thanks so much

1975 Porsche 914 1.8 liter, smog exempt california car.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #10

nigolusa

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 23 2015, 02:22 PM) *

Anyone is planning to have a day of garage work help for the family to fix the car? If need an engine, I may be willing to share my spare engine (1.7 but looks like a rebuilt engine mix with bus and 914 parts). And maybe some parts than I can share also. And my labor if we can have a day of garage work for them. And my other suggestion for the family "although it's mother's dream car" is to trade it to a 4 or 5 seater car that will be practical for the family!

God bless this family!

But who would buy this car not running? Not sure what to tell her.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #11

nigolusa

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 23 2015, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 05:06 PM) *

Even if it's engine I imagine someone has a 1.7 kicking around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
I really hope she can get it back and going. I would get it out of there PDQ.

I hate to say this, but this is not the car for a person that either can not turn their own wrenches or pay to have it fixed.

How can we ship it to Canada???
+Quote Post
timothy_nd28
post Jan 23 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Ljet is no trouble, it's up my ally
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 05:11 PM
Post #13

nigolusa

God bless this family!

If you're interested, would gladly ship it over to you. You can take your time her budget is around $1,500 tops!! Let me know. She lives in Aracadia, CA and I can rent a auto trailer and deliver it 100 mile radius.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 23 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #14

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

I'm out w/ LJet (I suspect that is the alleged electrical issue too) but up for anything else I can help with. Maybe Ron (or anyone else close) would let us tow it there and we could do an assault one Saturday???
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jan 23 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 03:13 PM) *

I'm out w/ LJet (I suspect that is the alleged electrical issue too) but up for anything else I can help with. Maybe Ron (or anyone else close) would let us tow it there and we could do an assault one Saturday???

I'm in! (Saturday pls)
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #16

nigolusa

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 23 2015, 03:13 PM) *

Not sure I understand? Tow it where? I can offer towing to anybody who wants to help Jessica and her kids. Can you be more specific? She lives in Arcadia CA but I can rent a trailer and ship it 100 mile radius.

Let me know.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jan 23 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 03:11 PM) *

God bless this family!

If you're interested, would gladly ship it over to you. You can take your time her budget is around $1,500 tops!! Let me know. She lives in Aracadia, CA and I can rent a auto trailer and deliver it 100 mile radius.

I would love too but I don't have a shop and not a license mechanic. I only fix my own cars in my residential garage and driveway.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Jan 23 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #18

nigolusa

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 23 2015, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 03:11 PM) *

God bless this family!

I would love too but I don't have a shop and not a license mechanic. I only fix my own cars in my residential garage and driveway.

Thanks for the thought though, really appreciate it!!!! We will find someway to do this.

I sent a personal email to the owner of Auto Atlanta and asked him if he could help her. Waiting for a reply. I'd spring for the shipping $1,500 round trip. But at least they are experts and they would do it right. Hopefully he will give her a major break on the price. Waiting to see.
+Quote Post
budk
post Jan 23 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #19

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

[quote name='nigolusa' date='Jan 23 2015, 06:22 PM' post='2137694']
[quote name='ndfrigi' post='2137692' date='Jan 23 2015, 03:19 PM']
[quote name='nigolusa' post='2137688' date='Jan 23 2015, 03:11 PM']
[quote name='ndfrigi' post='2137671' date='Jan 23 2015, 02:22 PM']

God bless this family!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the thought though, really appreciate it!!!! We will find someway to do this.

I sent a personal email to the owner of Auto Atlanta and asked him if he could help her. Waiting for a reply. I'd spring for the shipping $1,500 round trip. But at least they are experts and they would do it right. Hopefully he will give her a major break on the price. Waiting to see.
[/quote

Not really a car for a family. Maybe she should sell it for $4-5K (?) and if you donated the 1500 you are willing to use to send it to AA she could get a modern, reliable larger car. Btw, search on this board for AA.
+Quote Post
Blue6
post Jan 23 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 16,470

Hey Nick,

I know of a long time Porsche shop just down the freeway from her in Whittier. I'm going there on Monday, will try to explain the situation, and see if he can take on a quick project. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. As far as you know it's just an electrical and clutch problem? Dave
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:48 PM