Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unmolested '73 for sale, 20 mins away from me!, Xmas & my B'day at the same day?
euro911
post May 8 2015, 11:41 AM
Post #21

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I didn't know John Candy rolled his Saab (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thieuster
post May 8 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 18,384
Region Association: Europe

Yeah, Carlsson looks like John Candy. He's only a little older, nowadays. FWIW: he's the brother in law of sir Sterling Moss.

During the mid 80s, he came over to the town where I used to live at that time. There's a Scania truck factory in that town. Saab and Scania were one company back then. (Scania being one of Europe's largest truck builders). I was one of the lucky few who got an invite for a test drive in a Saab 9000 with Carlsson behind the wheel on the Scania test track.

In short: a trip that I will never forget! You can not imagine how fast that guy drives. Sort of roller coaster on 4 wheels! Luckily, he didn't tip the car!

Menno
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 8 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #23

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I like the "stark beauty" that your car offers. And I mean that as a complement. I especially like the view of the rear of the cabin. The combination of no grille letters, no vinyl and black sail trim is very minimalistic and eye catching at once. Great find. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 8 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Love the TR3 and the Saab too.

Noticed the Wolfsburg crest on the steering wheel (even upside down). Reminds me back in 1969 the local Porsche+Audi dealer needed a 914 to be driven from Minneapolis to Cedar Rapids, IA to open the dealership and show what was coming. Of course, my other gearhead friend and I volunteered, and they accepted! Surprised as we like 18 at the time! The blue 914 my friend and I drove was an early euro model that had the Wolfsbburg wheel and the VW part of the rear label covered up!
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post May 8 2015, 02:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Tangerine Racing is a great source for a lot of what you will probably need/want, stainless steel fuel lines especially. I have also have had very good service from 914rubber, high quality stuff and great service. We all agree that Eric Shea is the man for brakes, great resources here at 914world.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Nice car by the way, mine is a 73 2.0 and I just can't say it often enough about how much fun it is to drive. Welcome to 914world and good luck with that car!
+Quote Post
francar
post May 8 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 9,041
Region Association: None

looks very great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 12:07 PM